Nimbus 2008 197

Will have to wait till the weekend to fit it which is going to drive me mad...

because of unclipping the airbag? doesn't have to be if you get yourself a tool like this ...

15562854960_c6030c6d2f_b.jpg

15127725144_64c4ea85c2_b.jpg

took me less than a minute, last time i got the wheel off.
just find the spring and try to move it towards you.

because of unclipping the airbag? doesn't have to be if you get yourself a tool like this ...

15562854960_c6030c6d2f_b.jpg

15127725144_64c4ea85c2_b.jpg

took me less than a minute, last time i got the wheel off.
just find the spring and try to move it towards you.

Weekend bud, have to disconnect the battery for 20-30 mins which means 20-30mins of the car being unlocked in a student car park if I do it here... No thanks!

:thumb:

Reactions: peter
Good luck with everything you are about to do this weekend..
@sevenfourate may be able to give some pointers when working on your paintwork..

Yea.....take it to a bodyshop. Unfortunately.

Unless you have a lot of equipment and skill; any attempted repair there will always stand out as much as the damage !

Have a great weekend Barney. Sounds fun !!!

Reactions: Barney626
Yea.....take it to a bodyshop. Unfortunately.

Unless you have a lot of equipment and skill; any attempted repair there will always stand out as much as the damage !

Have a great weekend Barney. Sounds fun !!!

Any body shop recommendations in the midlands?

Ordered a pizza for collection tonight, went out to the car to go pick it up. Started pulling out the space, steering felt a bit heavy...

EnbOamr.jpg

Front passenger side...

Fingers crossed when I call national tyres/Kwikfit tomorrow they can fit me in early on so I can do what I was planning this weekend...

On the bright side now I have a flat tyre pic if I ever need to bail on something :thumb:

Reactions: Benno
Gutted mate, hope it wasn't a new tyre! What brand was it?

Came on the car. The one on it now is a contisport5 so about £100...

Tbh if they don't have a contisport5 in stock I'll just get a cheap one. My rear ones are two different brands and they look pretty cheap. Was planning on replacing them anyway so might just replace the whole lot later...

Came on the car. The one on it now is a contisport5 so about £100...

Tbh if they don't have a contisport5 in stock I'll just get a cheap one. My rear ones are two different brands and they look pretty cheap. Was planning on replacing them anyway so might just replace the whole lot later...

Avoid if possible running different tyres across the axle, asking for problems.

Avoid if possible running different tyres across the axle, asking for problems.

Would only be a week or two until I sort a whole set out. The rear two are different bands at the moment. Noticed the rear end can get a bit slippy sometimes, wondering if it's the tire mismatch causing it...

Stupid question, are the fronts and backs meant to be the same tire or different sizes? Currently got 215/45 on front and 215/40 on the rear...

Last edited:
Would only be a week or two until I sort a whole set out. The rear two are different bands at the moment. Noticed the rear end can get a bit slippy sometimes, wondering if it's the tire mismatch causing it...

Stupid question, are the fronts and backs meant to be the same tire or different sizes? Currently got 245/45 on front and 245/40 on the rear...

Really?!? On what size wheel?

Standard is 215/45, people run 225/45 tops on the standard 17” rims. Never heard of running 245.

Front and rear are supposed to be same size.

So currently halfway through installing the radio. Everything's working apart from the steering controls unfortunately. I'm hoping the patch lead I got is the issue...

Also got a spare wire hanging around which doesn't seem to fit anywhere on new HU. And when I turn the car off I get 3 sets of beeps, makes me think it doesn't like that cable being disconnected, pictures attached.

145647 is the old radio.

Attachments

• 20171028_145639.jpg
    20171028_145639.jpg
    734.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171028_145647.jpg
    20171028_145647.jpg
    774 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171028_145653.jpg
    20171028_145653.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10