Aux Input Socket

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi All,

Trying to find a socket/plate like the attached image so that I can you this to plug my iPod in.

I know you can get the cables off ebay but would like to wire something like this in.

Any ideas what I can get?

Thanks
James

Last edited:
Same. I've bought this from eBay:

Renault 05 > car iPod / MP3 Aux adapter lead PC7-REN-J

I would also like a plate to secure it though that says aux in.

Note: that cable has a nut on the aux input so you can undo it, put it through a plate then put the nut back on to secure it. We're half way there!

I want to do the same and have bought the same ebay item above. Any one with any ideas on getting a plate would be most appreciated.

I used this cable to make a nice aux input socket in the trim below the handbrake.

Using a manual hand drill I put one hole through which is the size of the socket, then using a much bigger bit I took away some of the plastic underneath after removing the piece of trim. This meant you could get the input through with enough thread available to put the nut back on. Sorted!

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

I did think about doing this my self, but I did not like the idea of cutting into the plastic surround, have no idea where you could get one or if you can even buy it from a dealer.

Might be worth looking for a 200 that been written off on ebay and seeing if you can buy it from them.

Similar Thread Suggestions