Automec silicone brake fluid

Beware of this stuff, the braking system has to be compatible for use with silicone fluid.

It has a lower "wet" boiling point than dot 5.1 and if it was that good all the major players in braking would have a dot 5 product like this - they dont.

If you want the best Castrol SRF, not cheap but brake fade due to the fluid will be a thing of the past.

if you want silicone fluid in the whole brake system needs draining and then refilling - i think there could be issues with the abs system if you drain it

Woody (leg-end) did recommend the castrol srf which is what I was going to opt for, just wanted to see what people thought, foxspeed raises a good question about the abs so it's not worth mucking about with that I guess, castrol it is.

Both Motul and Castrol stuff is good. I used ATE 'Blue' on my last car and it was excellent. You can buy it off the shelf at EuroCarParts too..

ATE is good if your manually bleeding cus it's blue and u cant mistake it. I used to use castrol srf and never had any fade combined with good disks and ebc reds it's an awesome setup.

Don't put dot5 fluid in, I heard it can cause problems with the rubber seals and hoses in the brake system. You don't get this problem with dot4 or dot5.1 which is designed to be compatible with dot4 systems.

I'd go with ATE SuperBlue as it's easy to bleed. When you need to bleed the system again they do a gold version of ATE SuperBlue making it easy to see the fluid change in colour again.

what the tech spec on that mate? dry boilng point? do yuo do track days? haveyou changed the brake lines before the change?

I would say 'wet' boiling point (Wet boiling point defined as 3.7% water by volume) is the more important of the 2 quoted boiling points.

'Dry' boiling point refers to the boiling point when brand new with no moisture absorption, due to the fact the majority of people leave fluid in for a period of time its bound to absorb moisture, therefore i think the 'Wet' value is of more importance unless your changing your fluid every month.

ahhhhhhhhh i was told that the figure to look at was the DBP as there are very rare occasions where there is water in the brake lines.