auto lights

So i'm led to believe my car has auto lights etc - 2007 mk3 1.4 16v clio dynamique

it has the 'Auto' writing on the end of the stalk, and the book says to hold it in for 4 seconds when the engine is on, it'll beep and the auto lights will be enabled, sounds easy huh.

It also says that using lights manually will temporarily override the auto function, but not permanently de-activate it.. i bought the car in March, and haven't yet figured out what the issue with mine could be. Could it be faulty wiring, or is the car just not equipped with auto lights?

Do you have the sensor in the windscreen where the rear view is located? You'll only be able to see it from outside looking in. I think (from memory) to activate it, the tip of the indicator stalk must be twisted fully clockwise towards you. I also think you need to hold the button down for longer than 4 seconds, but could be wrong. If you try it at night you'll soon find out :tongueout:

Do you have the sensor in the windscreen where the rear view is located? You'll only be able to see it from outside looking in. I think (from memory) to activate it, the tip of the indicator stalk must be twisted fully clockwise towards you. I also think you need to hold the button down for longer than 4 seconds, but could be wrong. If you try it at night you'll soon find out :tongueout:

will check for the sensor when i finish work, guess thats a very easy way to find out if i have the function or not! I've tried a few times at night, turning it on, turning it off, holding it for 30 seconds, holding it for 4 seconds. Nada. If I have the sensor where the rear view mirror is, then it'll have to be a fault, if not, then i've been very silly haven't i lol

Reactions: cpaterson76