Auto Express New Car Awards

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Not sure if anyone else has seen this weeks issue of Auto Express, but it's a special issue to award the cars they feel are the best in each category.

Unfortunately the Golf GTI wins the best hot hatch category. The reasons it won in there eyes are that it is a great all rounder, has a smooth 2.0 litre engine and the chassis is both composed and comfortable.

However, the cars that are 'Commended' in the same award section come from RS!

The Clio 200 comes second, the reasons, and I quote:

'The most potent and fun hot supermini around, bar none. If you want a small go-faster hatchback that mixes lively handling with head-turning styling, look no futher. The Clio 200 picks up from where the 197 - and the 182 and 172 before it - left off. Competitive pricing only adds to the appeal.'

I think the 200 deserves a pat on the back, to come second in such a highly competitive vehicle market, it is clear to see that the 200 - and the other RS Clio models prior to it - are some of the best fun cars you can buy for the money.

And the praise doesn't end there!

The RS Megane 250 is 3rd and the normal Clio comes 3rd in the best supermini section. It is only beaten by the Ford Fiesta that is a much newer car and the Mazda 2, which is based on the Fiesta anyway!

So a round of applause for the Renault Clio! :thumbup1: