Australia's only FRB197 (UPDATE 21/2/12)

The exhaust looks and sounds amazing! Roughly how much would it have cost, and what are the gains like from it? Once again, car is stunning

That is a nice knob you have there

Lol I was waiting for someone to make D!ck comments :rofl:

The exhaust, remap and air filter cost $3500... bearing in mind we get fleeced for parts in Australia, thats about 2300 quid :blush:mg: I think you can get the exhaust alone for around 1000 quid in the UK.

The gains are definitely noticeable, the remap advertised gains of 8kw matched with a good exhaust system which at the end of the day isn't noticeable, the torque however is! It goes like a bat out of hell once you hit 3k RPM!

Petrol consumption has gone up, but I think thats got something to do with me winding the windows down, rev matching two gears lower and letting the exhaust rip :driveby:

Lol I was waiting for someone to make D!ck comments :rofl:

The exhaust, remap and air filter cost $3500... bearing in mind we get fleeced for parts in Australia, thats about 2300 quid :blush:mg: I think you can get the exhaust alone for around 1000 quid in the UK.

The gains are definitely noticeable, the remap advertised gains of 8kw matched with a good exhaust system which at the end of the day isn't noticeable, the torque however is! It goes like a bat out of hell once you hit 3k RPM!

Petrol consumption has gone up, but I think thats got something to do with me winding the windows down, rev matching two gears lower and letting the exhaust rip :driveby:

Had a quick look on the SuperSprint website, and it would appear you can get the 'Racing' rear exhaust and exhaust tips for around €900 + remap. In total around £1100. It's a toss up between this and the Akpro exhaust for me.

The sound is awesome though, and the tips look a lot meaner than the Renault tips.
The sound alone is enough to make me want one. Looks fantastic too, much more purposeful looking than the standard tips I have on mine.

Had a quick look on the SuperSprint website and it looks as though you can get it for around

Ive just ordered a 200 interior for my baby! Mainly for the recaro's but spare interior parts can never be a bad thing :smiley:

Ive got a few days off work in a row so its finally time for a correction detail.

When I had the rear left hand side resprayed (the paint was burnt by sap) the body shop turned the job around far too quickly and left the paint in a shocking state, sanding marks and seemingly no attempt at finishing rather than complain and have them do a substandard job and absorb my car for a few days I decided Id deal with it myself.

I tried out quite a few new goodies on this wash some to good results:

-Prewashed with snow foam
-2 bucket method wash with grit guards and Dodo juice supernatural wash hit
-While wet the car was sprayed with Iron x and left for a few minutes
-Rinsed and rewashed

As the Iron X was completely hopeless in doing what its supposed to the car was clayed with megs clay kit - the boot was covered in contaminents and overspray was present along the flat 'shelf' of the boot lid - this must have been from the respray.
Clay.jpg

The full extent of the body shops work, really bad swirling remains of wet sanding marks especially on wheel arches and body 'belt line'
bodyshoperrors.jpg

The rest of the car had very minimal random swirling and a few marks that needed correction, other than that the paint just needed a freshen up and protection.

So I cracked on with the resprayed panel using Merzena hi cut plus and a yellow lake cutting pad. After one pass the marks had been reduced to this
firstpass.jpg

3 passes on the panel was free of marks having moved from the yellow cutting pad to a less aggressive mix of an orange polishing lake pad and Merzerna final finish. This is paint alone and no waz or sealant:
reflection.jpg

The rest of the car was attacked with the same orange lake pad and Dodo Juice Lime Prime which was aggressive enough to cut out the light occasional swirl but required no further finishing :hyper:

All four arches were treated to 2 layers of Chemical guys Mirror Wet Look sealant for additional gloss factor. Chemical guys 5050 limited edition concourse wax was then layered twice by hand with half hour curing gaps.

The Supersprint tips were polished with Chemical guys Metal polish and protected with Chemical guys wheel wax.
rearend.jpg
IMGP4818.jpg

A beading shot :headbang:
Beading.jpg

Wheels and interior are going to be done tomorrow :smile: