Australia's only FRB197 (UPDATE 21/2/12)

Ill take one for you mate, from memory I think they shot them with gloss but didnt clear coat them?? If that sounds right..

Cheers fella.

still discussing at work how we would do it, everyone has diff opinions.

We are quite quiet in the shop next week so thinking of getting them done. We seem to think that there would have to be a matting agent added to the paint to take some of the shine off

I have to say to me they look more than satin. I was also told they can shoot gloss black body paint on followed with a matte clear coat and it gives you an inbetween finish

Time for a little update,

I dropped my car into RamSpeed Automotive today, a local european exotics performance shop. The service was fantastic, even to the point their one mechanic inspects your car and introduces himself as the person who will be working/driving your car.

I was shown a sneak peak of the SuperSprint Racing system that will hopefully be either in the car now or tomorrow morning. Then its onto being ECU tuned.

I've also received a RenaultSport alloy gear knob, thanks to masa for his recommendations.

One thing RamSpeed did find upon a Diagnostics check was a Knock sensor error message, I took the car to Renault who also found the same error on diognostics and blamed it on either Dirty fuel or a voltage drop - has anyone else had this happen??

Video and pics to follow

:smile: L

Car looks stunning, credit to you! Wouldn't mind those exhaust tips - look more substantial than the ones on mine lol.

Some more photo's and a vid :smile:
Click for video
th_Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg
IMG_0186.jpgIMG_0187.jpgIMG_0189.jpgIMG_0190.jpgIMG_0191.jpgIMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg

And my new RS knob IMG_0203.jpg

For now Im happy, the video dosent show how loud the exhaust actually is, it screams once you hit 5-6 thousand rpm but grumbles like a v8 at the lights. The remap has resolved the common lumpy starts we seem to get and has transformed the powerband, rather than having all the pull from 5k+RPM it now comes at 2500rpm and just goes and goes and goes..

Next on the list are some carbon fibre trims Im about to start fabricating (No 3mDinoc here!) but more on that later. When we move house hopefully at the end of the year Ill be getting some coil overs too (No chance on the roads I have to drive on at the moment!), then it will be finished... ish

Cheers
Liam

Last edited: