At long last, a small cleaning session on the MPS!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
I haven't cleaned the car for ages, it was absolutely filthy! The front wheels were black with brake dust! I don't get a lot of time off, but I have had this weekend free so set about attacking the car! I started it late in the day, too late really.

This was after a jet wash - still really dirty.

DSC_3134.jpg

Lots of dead bodies and bloody!

DSC_3133.jpg

DSC_3135.jpg

Jet washed it off, then snow foamed it. I cleaned the front wheels with Meguiar's Hot Wheels and an Auto Glym brush to agitate.

DSC_3136.jpg

DSC_3137.jpg

I then washed it, but because it was so warm outside and the car was so dirty, by the time I finished it, the water had dried and left black streaks all over it! I clay bared the worst areas at this point. I started with the roof, but literally nothing came off on the bar and the bonnet was the same. The boot and doors were a different story though! Pulled lots of tar etc off. I want to get some Iron-X type stuff to use before the clay bar, but I haven't looked in to it yet.

After the bar, I washed the whole car again, doing a bit, swilling it off and then doing a bit more. I then dried it off with a Waffle towel. Added some tyre gel to give them the more black look, although I'm never that fond of the stuff.

Then I used Meguiar's 3 stage process stage 1 Paint Cleaner, which is supposed to remove light swirl marks and other bits off the paint. A good job it did too, even removing some of the light scratches. Then stage 2, Polish. By this time I was loosing the light, but I carried on and ended up at the last stage in the dark, wax.

I use Meguiar's Ultimate finish paste wax. Applied it and buffed it off best I could and this was taken just after I finished (completely pitch black outside)!

DSC_3142.jpg

DSC_3143.jpg

I tried to capture how good the paintwork looks to me, but I couldn't really. All things considering, it looks damm good.

DSC_3139.jpg

Then this morning I dusted the car off and applied a second coat of wax and used some trim reviver on the plastic parts of the door mirrors and the window seals using Auto Finesse Trim Reviver. Great stuff, as is most of the Auto Finesse range.

This is what it looks like now!

DSC_3145.jpg

DSC_3144.jpg

Some beading from the rain shower we had.

DSC_3146.jpg

DSC_3147.jpg

I haven't done much with the wheels, they're in shocking condition. I'm going to try and get a new set out of Mazda under warranty, they're corroding all over on every wheel. I haven't got any metal polish either and the Brasso is at my parents house, so the exhaust isn't all that clean either.

I really need to invest in a DA machine, it would have made it so much easier to do the work.

Any comments, thanks.

Have you used their Triple 3? It's cleaner, polish and wax in 1, does a great quick job. Their Crystal Glass Cleaner is the best glass cleaner I have used too.

Got loads of there stuff and tripple, fantastic gear, try finale, it's a quick detailer and it's brilliant!

I'll have to get some more of their stuff, only got those few bits at the moment. But I like everything about them. I know this is only something stupid, but even the bottles they use are really good quality! Ha ha!

Looks spanking, now its ready to part ex for a 200. :thumbsup:

If Mazda don't sort out the issues on Friday I would be very much ready to! I am tempted to see how much they'd need to get me in a 200, but I'm not sure I want to loose all the luxury extras the Mazda has got. Xenon's are great as are the bum warmers! Lol!

I'll have to get some more of their stuff, only got those few bits at the moment. But I like everything about them. I know this is only something stupid, but even the bottles they use are really good quality! Ha ha!

I friggin love the bottles, and I love the art work as well, glad I'm not the only one who thinks so lmao, I'm getting all there interior gear as well Friday!

Looking good Arran comes up a treat when you clean the beauty,I really like these motors.Stick with it and don't be tempted to get a 200 wait for the Mark 4

Thanks Roy. I'll be glad when we can actually see a mk 4 Clio RS in the metal. Question is, will it be clio197, 200 and 220.net? Just guessing in the 220 bit! Lol!

Thanks Roy. I'll be glad when we can actually see a mk 4 Clio RS in the metal. Question is, will it be clio197, 200 and 220.net? Just guessing in the 220 bit! Lol!

I would have to kill you if I told you mate:wink::wink::wink:

Ive just had all my wheels re furbed and the body shop uses a Mazda wheel as an example of how bad wheels can peel and corrode. They reckon mazda are the worst for poor paint on wheels so you should be ok under their paintwork guarantee hopefully?!

Nicely done Arran. It does suit white that car, looks like there's a lot of flake in the paint too.

Ive just had all my wheels re furbed and the body shop uses a Mazda wheel as an example of how bad wheels can peel and corrode. They reckon mazda are the worst for poor paint on wheels so you should be ok under their paintwork guarantee hopefully?!

Ye they were shocking, all corroded. I had them all replaced under warranty for free a couple of months ago. They snapped one of the tyre pressure monitors changing them over, so I had a new one of those too!

Nicely done Arran. It does suit white that car, looks like there's a lot of flake in the paint too.

Ye, the paint on the car isn't too bad, it's quite soft though. It does look great in the sun when it's nice and clean. Unfortunately this was the last time it was cleaned and it is now extremely dirty again!