Arp bolts

Matty m 197

Platinum Member
Good mornings..... does anyone know if the arp bolts require a re torque I know on other cars they do but the initial torque settings for them are not as high as the F4r engine I will probably do this any way but is it necessary and how many miles need to be covered?

Sorry I assumed you meant rod bolts. Engine Dynamics told me my rod bolts would be fine as long as they were torqued correctly in the first place, and the arp web site states:

"If you follow the ARP installation instructions, there should be no need to do a re-torque. However, it may be necessary under certain circumstances if the gasket manufacturer’s instructions require it, particularly if a fire ring has been installed. ARP recommends not doing a re-torque on a hot engine."
http://arp-bolts.com/p/FAQ.php

Iv gone for a 1.6mm megane gasket to lower compression I'm planning on a re torque at 1k just incase but I know on a friends RS his head studs came loose after a 100 miles it wasnt stated that he needed to tighten them and it is ago to-do that on these engines so soon

Can these be installed by just dropping the sump or is it an engine out job?