Anyone upgraded their full stereo system to Bose??

Hi all, wondering if anyone has a nice Bose set up in their 197 or 200 just want some better sound quality I think the standard system when at 32 volume is still a bit dull and yes my songs are top quality downloads too, just a thought or maybe there is a restriction to the originals that can be removed?? As I wouldn't really want to put an aftermarket radio in when I already have the aux cable points.. Any thoughts, suggestions and pics of your aftermarket set up if you have one cheers!!

You'll have to ditch the standard radio IMO changed mine and the sound has massively improved, also replaced speakers in the doors with pioneers (not the specific fit ones!) still need to fit tweeters but struggling to find some that'll fit, helps with Metallica and QOTSA haha

[MENTION=26798]Craig211[/MENTION] I thought as much and I know the standard set up is grim! [MENTION=139]Giles[/MENTION] can you remember where you found them as I can't seem to find one anywhere!

my songs are top quality downloads too

Probably your problem there. No such thing as top quality downloads in my opinion. I rarely download any music as the quality is never there and I can always tell the difference.

Having said that changing the head unit and speakers will help a bit.

Probably your problem there. No such thing as top quality downloads in my opinion. I rarely download any music as the quality is never there and I can always tell the difference.

Having said that changing the head unit and speakers will help a bit.

You need flac.

@Craig211 I thought as much and I know the standard set up is grim! @Giles can you remember where you found them as I can't seem to find one anywhere!

I took to Renault dealer where I brought my 197 from, some audio guys came down to install them in. I remember they said they don't make it anymore because no body was interesting that time so that why stop make it.

That was 7 year ago.

Sorry.

[MENTION=4792]Paddy_R[/MENTION] I play them on my 100w Marshall amp and when that's cranked up they're still fine to an extent just after a bit more in the car I might try some new speakers but keep the original door card trims so they don't alter the looks cheers for the input I know downloads aren't as good as cd.

I took to Renault dealer where I brought my 197 from, some audio guys came down to install them in. I remember they said they don't make it anymore because no body was interesting that time so that why stop make it.

That was 7 year ago.

Sorry.

That is quite interesting :smile: I am gutted they stopped the option, would love a bose setup in my 200!

Well they do bose on renault scenic too, think they are same speakers size and setup but I'm not 100% sure. If you are lucky to find one is breaking on ebay.

@Paddy_R I play them on my 100w Marshall amp and when that's cranked up they're still fine to an extent just after a bit more in the car I might try some new speakers but keep the original door card trims so they don't alter the looks cheers for the input I know downloads aren't as good as cd.

Volume and quality are different measures so not comparable like that, but it's true MP3's however high the bit rate are not great for reproducing high quality reproductions. Also... don't Marshall only make guitar amps?? They aren't Hi-Fi speaker systems :\

AND please please please don't think Bose are synonymous with quality :smile: they really aren't, trust me. They're better than the Tanwyang (made up generic chinese speaker manufacturer) speakers the cars come with stock but that's not all that hard. Bose have/are very successful at marketing the name and positioning products as aspirational, seemingly due to the price.

Pioneer do some direct replacement speakers/tweeters for the 192/200 that work quite well. Combine that with some sound damping in the doors would get something decent enough. A replacement head unit would help too.