anyone took their 197 to the ring?

Just watching a newish vid on youtube about an R27 going round the ring, anyone off here?

I HAVE to do it. All things being equal I'll be going over April-ish next year.

Anyone else been? Approx costs inc Ferries/Fuel/Accomodation/Laps?

This one belongs to someone off here from Northern Ireland. It was there when I was a few weeks back!

1a.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

And a 200:

20.jpg

21.jpg

Yep went last Sept, my 197 was not as fast around the track as the 225 cup I had, but boy was it more fun :lol: could take the bends a lot harder and throw it around more, all I can say is go and enjoy.

The stance on that red one is perfect, especially from the back. 25mm spacers, megane wheels & coilsovers?

200s are really growing on me.

They was a black one in the dealers near me. Had to stop going past as the temptation was way too much.

nick197 said:
How much does it roughly cost incl train/ferry and fuel etc to go to the ring? :smiley:

Costed the trip from Newcastle to Amsterdam and it's £225 for return ferry, share a room with a mate on ferry and hotel room and it's £25 per night, then 600 miles fuel, plus £40 for 3 laps, then food and drinks on top.

£500 can do a cheap trip to the ring (no benders or 100 laps). Book in advance to save mucho moolar

Funny looking at the Trailer I did, and I realise that out of all those people, three of them now have 197's lol

Sean said:
The stance on that red one is perfect, especially from the back. 25mm spacers, megane wheels & coilsovers?

Wouldn't mind knowing what his set up is either looks awesome 8-) I want :tongueout:

Some trackday companies do events in Europe.

£700 -900 for fri to mon, sounds expensive until you break it down.

3 nights 4/5* hotel b&b, 8 laps included, ferry included & tuition. Also one included any UK trackday in the price so say £249/299 for say Donington or Silverstone GP.

Now add that lot up & it's getting reasonable.

Also the other members with party will have some very tasty toys that you can easily blag rides in:smiley:

I was trying to arrange a trip next year on here with the old site b4 it all got wiped, never bothered to post it back up though.

Anyone ( apart from kevo ) who got serious interest in doing a 197.net trip up next year???

I am already going in june. Would love to do a club trip some time. I'm too paranoid to take my car on the track though lol