Anyone on here fit a sub in my 200?

Would be using the standard head unit if possible (which I know it is but can be a pain in the arse).

Looking at getting just a 10" sub with built in amp.

Am obviously willing to pay for fitting. Am from Essex so not too far away if can be helped!

Anyone?

Brad.

Im sure someone on here will be willing to help you out bud!

In my experience its certainly best to upgrade the HU in the car because you will get more control over the sub this way without having to faff about with amp settings every five minutes. Not to mention you will be able to get a better EQ curve with a decent HU.

Yeah man I see where everyone is coming from but I can't really afford to be shifting out like £120 on a HU that's the only problem. Guess I could get a 70 odd quid one dyu reckon that would do the job?

i had a pioneer hu in my old saxo with an active sub and sounded great and it was only arround £60 with usb and aux. youd only really go over the £120 mark if u wanted bluetooth and other flashy bits.
im currently deciding whether to get a new hu or use the standard one. only problem is if u get a new hu youll loose the steering controls unless you get an adapter for arround £40 which seems like abit of a faf.

if your gunna use the standard hu youll need something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Speaker-2-RCA...C&itu=UCI%2BIA%2BUA%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=15&pmod%

it converts high level (speaker level) output to rca low output so you can connect to the sub/amp. you just bridge the wires of this with the wires for the front or rear speakers. this is probably what im going to do

prob with using the rca convertors is that factory headunits are programmed to roll the bass off at higher volumes to protect factory speakers. The only way around this is to fit something like an MTX RE-q3 or 5 unit that compensates for this, and gives you more adjustment and a remote turn on output too. These will cost, so its always better to go for an aftermarket headunit. Can you look for a second hand / last season model to save money? It would be well worth starting with a good unit to then build upon at a later stage.

I would happily assist...but your a bit far from derby!

^^^
What he said :smile:
I used the standard hu with a sub and the bass roll off is shocking. The mtx systems help, but if you don't want a fancy hu then halfords usually have a Sony one for about 50 notes.

With regards to fitting.

Is there a black grommet behind the fire proof stuff in the centre of the bulk head?
Look at my thread where unasked about a sub for the pic.

If there is then fitting takes a while but it's quite easy once you get the cable through.