Anyone near London with Leather / Alcantara Recaros? + random pish thread

Discussion in 'Clio General Chat' started by ///M, May 14, 2018.

1. Mark_L

Mark_L Paid Member

Car:
    197 Cup
    I'll have to do a thread on some of the restorations and cars I've worked on.

Johnny 99 likes this.

2. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Platinum Member

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Looking forward to that!

3. Mark_L

Mark_L Paid Member

Car:
    197 Cup
    On the Recaro front,

Were these a factory option? I have the rear seats and matching std fronts in my cup which were factory fitted.
    Screenshot_20180430-004432.jpg

4. Mark_L

Mark_L Paid Member

Car:
    197 Cup
  5. ///M

///M Gold Member

Car:
    R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Johnny 99 likes this.
  6. Johnny 99

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Have seen some like these before. Still like my Recaros more though.

7. ///M

///M Gold Member

Car:
    R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Forgot, you had yours trimmed didn't you? Thought they might have been what Mark was talking about.

Ignore me mate!

:smiley:

8. Johnny 99

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Mine were on the car when I bought it Mes. A variation on an official Renault accessory. Supplied and fitted at the original supplying dealer by Trim technik in the Wirral who were Renault UK's official aftermarket suppliers. Most are 2-tone but when the 1st owner of my car ordered it he said he wanted only one colour so they did that for him.
    I bought the car from the original supplying dealer in Hemel Hempstead who also maintained the car & they told me the story. Car came with all servicing paperwork and original bill of sale too.
    Trim Technik also re-covered some Recaros bought second hand by a friend of mine to match his original grey & yellow standard seats which was also an option fitted by them at dealerships. They even re-fitted the trim on my driver's seat back free of charge when it started to come adrift. Good customer service.

///M likes this.
  9. link

link Gold Member

Car:
    Clio 197 RB
    @Mark_L I don't think the factory fitted leather options came from the "factory", instead it was retrimmed by an official partner here in the UK, so official leather like yours is pretty rare, and rarer still on recaros.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    ///M likes this.
  10. Mark_L

Mark_L Paid Member

Car:
    197 Cup
    Screenshot_20180206-001422.png Screenshot_20180206-001449.png Screenshot_20180206-001511.png

I haven't seen many with them. There was a black 18k mile 197 for sale when I was looking which had them and I know @Big Ben has them which he bought and fitted himself.

I know There was 2 options for leather.
    Std leather was an £850 option the same as recaro's and the leather I have with the silver stitching was an £1175 option. No mention of a leather recaro option unless this was for the 200's?

At some point if I ever get round to it, I'll get a pair of recaro's and get them trimmed to match.

I was going to swap it for std recaro's and back seat etc but looked at the condition of most std recaro's and mine are in far better condition.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    ///M likes this.
  11. Mark_L

Mark_L Paid Member

Car:
    197 Cup
    Found this, Love the red, thought it would look great with nimbus.
    Screenshot_20180614-225132.jpg
    Then found the actual car.
    Screenshot_20180614-225326.jpg

///M likes this.
  12. ///M

///M Gold Member

Car:
    R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    John, I have a shite memory mate but I’m not recalling knowing all that. That’s a really cool story. Was really impressed when I saw your seats when we met. Ben’s look great too.

13. Johnny 99

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    These are the Trimtechnik ones I have, but mine are grey. Usually the side bolsters on the back & base are black on the red seats & white on the grey seats, but mine s are just grey & these seem to be plain red. I have seen pics of this car before.
    They were listed in a Renault accessory catalogue for fitment at the dealership by Trim Technik, not in the brochure about the car.
    Pic of mine.
    WP_20161030_14_16_42_Pro.jpg

///M likes this.
  14. Mark_L

Mark_L Paid Member

Car:
    197 Cup
    Maybe one day! I'll get a pair done.

Yours look amazing. :thumb:

I think mine look more grey than black.

Johnny 99 likes this.
  15. Johnny 99

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Thanks, and mine is a 200 so maybe they weren't available for 197s from new though I am sure they could be retro fitted as an accessory as the seats are the same I think apart from 197 having seat belts for 3 in the back & 200s only for 2 rear passengers.

Mark_L likes this.
  16. Mark_L

Mark_L Paid Member

Car:
    197 Cup
    That's part of the reason I went for a 197, I have 4 kids, one's seventeen now so will hopefully driving soon. But have always needed the 3 rear belts. I found out they can be fitted into the 200 though. All the points are still there. Bit of pointless info for you.

Johnny 99 likes this.
  17. Johnny 99

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    V__DA90.jpg V__C254.jpg V__0EED.jpg Found these pics of my friend's seats, also from Trim Technik. Look great with his black Clio.

18. link

link Gold Member

Car:
    Clio 197 RB
    I've never been a big fan of the whole two tone colour combo on the seats, nor the diamond cross stitching but OMG those red seats against nimbus is just lush! :hearteyes:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  19. dolby20

dolby20 Clio Newbie! Platinum Member

Car:
    Clio 200 CUP with Carbon!
    1DAC581A-03A1-4C04-A1F1-DFEC9D11B046.jpeg AD778BDB-1695-444C-BAF9-87216F25B843.jpeg Just to throw a curve ball in - nowhere near London albeit - but they may have been retrimmed
    I bought them out of a 197, and the seller wasn’t sure if they were spec’d or retrimmed

///M likes this.
  20. ///M

///M Gold Member

Car:
    R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Never realised you had those seats. What a car you have mate!

And thanks for the offer but it's all sorted know. Decisions made and giving the go ahead soon!

:smile:

GORGEOUS seats though, my god.