Anyone know this one? Advice?

Afternoon all
First post here
I'm in the market for a 197 having owned many hot hatches over the years and just sold a golf r to free up some cash for house upgrades the 197 is ticking all the boxes as a cheaper fun replacement

Anyone know anything about the one posted below or offer any advice in general?

Ive not viewed the car yet but we have negotiated a better price with a warranty and he assures me is stunning throughout with 1 owner and never believe the mileage when see it in flesh etc

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710039916694

Thanks

hi and welcome first of all..
it's hard to tell from a seller's ad..they tell you what you wanna hear..you must take it for a test drive and see for yourself..
also as above,the buyer's guide is very helpful..

Reactions: matthewsimone
Hello and welcome!

Make sure you put it through its paces through the gears and listen and feel for any crunches or vibrations, 2nd into 3rd especially! I thought mine was fine on the test drive however 10-20 miles down the road when it was warm I felt it crunch..

As well as that, make sure it's cold before you start it to listen for any squealing belts, basic stuff but makes the difference for one of these...

Reactions: matthewsimone
Personally, it's too much for high mileage, standard seats and reflector headlights. But if you don't mind missing those then it looks alright.

Above is true, just clicked on the link. Spend a fiver and get membership, there's a few nice ones on here for sale for circa £3k:thumb: