Anyone know anything about rFactor 2?

Hi guys, pretty new to this whole modding thing in rf2, so please bare with me!

I am looking to build (from scratch, or from someone else's base) the current spec (2013-14) Formula Ford EcoBoost 200 as seen in the British Formula Ford championship. Firstly what is the rough path that I need to follow in order to achieve this, would it be a case of just designing a body and building it on top of another cars mainframe or would it be from the ground up (what I am after) to therefore replicate the real thing.

As I have said I am new to this and have a hell of a project to come to, but am willing to try my best and want to try and make it as realistic as possible in every single way.

They are a reasonably light car (555kg) with around 200bhp from a 1.6 turbo engine. The cars use slick Dunlops and use minimal aero, with a flat floor, small rear wing and a fair size front wing. The cars also boast the option of either mono or dual shock at the front.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate that what I have said is very vague and the terminology is not quite correct but meh.

RBrocky!!

Formula-Ford-13.jpg
0313ff200x-450x300.jpg
1113_ff2014m.jpg

Are you looking to compete in a Series or just for trackday fun?

Ignore that.... Just realised RFactor 2 is virtual.. Lol

Epic fail by myself, I was thinking "building a race car scratch, pure hero" :wink:

Last edited:
Ive had a drive of a skip barber on the rF2, they are alot different! This is why I want to build from scratch tbh.

PS grumpy, I have time, it's kinda part of my job to be building this over the winter....