Anyone have a clue

What this is?

Was cleaning up the engine bay the weekend and noticed this was loose.

Sorry if the pictures don't help much, it only appeared to be loose from one end and I couldn't see anything that it should attach to.

Last edited:
Tried that, it does fit but it doesn't have anything to connect to?

Ninja edit: I think that holder is also for the bonnet support arm when its closed.

does it not go in there?

11ufa50.jpg

No, that's where the bonnet bar sits when it's not being used.

Never seen it before, or at least I've never noticed it. But if you look at the rubber moulding in the background of the picture you'll see an indent which looks to have been made by this pipe?

I'll confirm later in the day

Last edited:
its off the battery mate,think its called an over flow pipe or something

if you take the battery cover off you'll see where its meant to be attached,the other end just hangs down which maybe the end you've got hold of

hole in the battery, on the side at the top somewhere, thats if the correct batterys in there.

It's a flow pipe of your battery i think:thumbup1:

Mark is correct. It's a drain for the battery. As stated above and the other end should clip in to the lower part of the bumper. It's located next to the fog light power connector on the same side as the battery.

Last edited:
Mark is correct. It's a drain for the battery. As stated above and the other end should clip in to the lower part of the bumper. It's located next to the fog light power connector on the same side as the battery.

ha!bet you have just disconnected this on your motor:thumbup1:

its to vent the battery and take away any gases (hydrogen) that maybe given off when the battery is charged...