Anyone had this?

Engine starts fine and all is good but when I start driving, it is very juddery in low revs but is fine in high revs.
This stops when the engine gets warm and it drives fine even in the low revs. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows what it might be, cheers.

Sounds the age old cold kangarooing problem. Only a remap will cure it or you could just live with it.

Sounds the age old cold kangarooing problem. Only a remap will cure it or you could just live with it.
Weird as I noticed it was fine on the way to work then on the way home it was playing up, might it have something to do with the contrasts between cold nights and hot days at the moment? Hope it doesn’t need mapping however that might be a good thing hahaha

I normally have a rule that I don't post about something I don't properly know about, but I sort of do. In a situation where things are changing, look for what can change and what can't. While the Ecu may have a number of learning scenarios, it is more likely to be duff info that it is receiving so maybe air leaks etc. A remap is papering over cracks in this instance, better off trying to find what is the variable.

Renault crank sensors are notorious for this, warms up and the coil of incredibly fine wire warms up and makes a better contact, causes the exact symptoms you describe

Reactions: Pav
It’s also worth buying a can of brake cleaner and spraying round joints/injector seals/pipe clips/vacuum hoses etc and see if the revs pick up, but generally they don’t get better when it warms up unless it’s a tiny leak...

When I first bought my car I had no issue with this, but I had done a very long motorway journey back. In instances when I have done motorway journeys, the few days after the cars always seemed smoother when starting but it quickly wears off.

I have wondered whether short journeys, which these alot of these cars are used for, causes them to run too rich on startup and the lambda cant measure it properly. After a long journey the soot has burnt off but shorter journey it hasnt. Just a theory.

The other thing would be the Map sensor, which is a shite design and needs thicker O rings. Ive added an extra O ring to try and create a seal as the hole is chamfered.

The truth is, the only way I have seen to get around is a remap, hence why I was thinking about the Lambda and running rich.