Anybody got one of these?

I think you will definitely get stopped if a cop tries to clock your speed and cant lock onto your car lol.

Great find though.

TBH it would be cheaper to pay the fine, take the offered 'speed awareness course' in exchange for the points and nod along to the inevitable lecture you will get about being a 'responsible driver' - all the while you can sit there with a smug look on your face knowing that you car is 10x better than the wildly understeering vectras and volvos the police use! 8)

Or just dont get caught lol! :001_rolleyes:

Sorry I should clarify I didn't mean to outrun them! I meant don't give them reason to pull you in the first place.

Round hear they have one BMW 525d which I would imagine is chipped and a few undercover volvos and vectras, but they are all god awful rep mobiles! Im pretty certain they have a contract with Vauxhall as all of the panda cars are Corsas too. Cheap and cheerful lol!

couple of points here -

speed gun jammers - if caught its a serious offence - i did consider one but to be honest read quite a few horror stories over drivers being caught etc

and as for speed awareness courses - not all police areas do them so its not always an option

i use a road angel and if wanting to put my foot down do it on quiet B roads and unclassifieds - i dont speed on the motorway or A roads...

couple of points here -

speed gun jammers - if caught its a serious offence - i did consider one but to be honest read quite a few horror stories over drivers being caught etc

and as for speed awareness courses - not all police areas do them so its not always an option

i use a road angel and if wanting to put my foot down do it on quiet B roads and unclassifieds - i dont speed on the motorway or A roads...

good man. sensible approach.

EDIT: There are always trackdays too, speed all you like there. :smile:

Mate you'd be suprised. Our cars wouldn't have a chance of getting away from them. Especially the BMWs (believe me, I know)

They use a M5 up here.. They have a 3.2 Audi TT, a Cavilier GSI and a new Focus RS aswel. But alot of my mates have out paced them due to not being able to use the power the cars deliver :smile:

...speed gun jammers will get you a conviction of 'perverting the course of justice'...which will come with a jail term. Camera operators will report you automatically (with a good old fashioned pen and paper!!) if the speed gun is blocked even if you are under the speed limit...it it's a traffic officer hand held unit....you will be stopped and arrested....don't use one just not worth it

Mate you'd be suprised. Our cars wouldn't have a chance of getting away from them. Especially the BMWs (believe me, I know)

lmfao don;t tell ne you tried to get away from the 535i the coppers are running or even the 2.8 v6 turbo'd vectra. in our 197hp straight 4 . . . . . not a chance:001_unsure::001_unsure:

TBH an officer in a Reliant Robin will catch you, those guys can seriously drive!

And as said, jammers are very very illegal.

lol somehow I find that hard to believe..... power is a big influence . . . . what about in italy where they drive lamborghinis lol

lol, was gonna say that, lets see you out run a helicopter.

Speed awareness course sounds good, I got pulled at 83mph on A83 according to the police gun, thankfully, the Clio had me at over 90 on the speedo.

Worst thing was that when I saw the blue lights on the 5 series scream up behind me I didnt think id did anything wrong. Though they wanted past so slowed down and pulled into a layby. Was gutted when they followed me in.

Not like i was in a built up area or anything. No fun in the world anymore. :bored:

I've also heard bad things about these, on a different forum somebody mentioned that every time a camera-van (none-pursuit mobile unit) fails to get a lock on a vehicles speed, it takes the picture anyway. If this happens so many times in a given time frame, you get a knock on the door and the vehicle gets searched.
Perhaps a radar/laser detector would be more suitable, but not worth the money in my opinion.