Any one able to help me with strange noise from engine please?

Thanks I've had a look at that thread about pcv valve so I best get it sorted out since I've been ignoring it for a while now . How much should a garage charge to replace it roughly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to get a garage to replace it, it's literally a 30 second job: pop the old one off and pop the new one on.

Giving mine a clean fixed the squeaking noise, so I'd do this first. If that fails, replace the o rings around the bit that plugs into the manifold. Failing this then I'd replace it.

Here's the replacement part. (£36.25)

Reactions: ///M and Jimmy
No need to get a garage to replace it, it's literally a 30 second job: pop the old one off and pop the new one on.

Giving mine a clean fixed the squeaking noise, so I'd do this first. If that fails, replace the o rings around the bit that plugs into the manifold. Failing this then I'd replace it.

Here's the replacement part. (£36.25)

Dale's guide is really useful - helped me no end when I cleaned mine. Very very easy to do, defo no need for a garage to do it for you.

Reactions: ///M and Dystant
Lots of people on here are not mechanically minded but cleaning/changing a Pcv valve is an entry level job that even I managed using Dales excellent how to guide. Good luck

Reactions: ///M and Dystant