Any must have mods?

Ive had the 200 for about 3 and a half months now and the feeling to do mods to it is kicking in (even though im on the pcp deal and will be giving the car back after 2 years).

5513173376_e4269f7644_z.jpg
IMG_0343 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Any must have mods that people have done?

I keep thinking about getting some H&R springs for it, but know I shouldnt. I also want some track wheels so that I dont ruin my standards when I take it on track.

Things im doing to it regardless:
- Silvervisions (at some point)
- New number plates, as my currents are covered in the dealership name. Just want plain ones and maybe go for a slightly smaller one on the front but still have to figure that one out.

If I do any more to it, I want it to be easily reversible as I doubt Renault will appreciate me giving them the car back slammed, with a straight through exhaust system and some brap brap stickers all over :wink:

I really should just buy myself a ****box Saxo or something to play with lol.

Last edited:
Debadge of the "C L I O" and removal of any elf/renault stickers in the rear window.

Other than that it's ready to go :smile:

Car looks great mate, getting rid of the branded plates wassup the first thing I did, I'm thinking of getting some pressed plates now though. I'm the same i don't wanna cock around with the clio too much as the missus uses it as a daily. A crappy saxo for nodding might be on the cards next year for me too lol!

Thanks for the input. I just cant help myself but to tinker with my cars lol. My girlfriend told me it wouldnt last long until I wanted to mod this :wink:

- Steering wheel trim - Not too fussed about that tbh...
- RS Mats - Got them free with the car :wink:
- CLIO Removal - Don't want to do and Renault might not like that.

A saxo/106 may be on the cards once I finish Uni and get a full time job. Just something I can abuse, do what I want to and not really care about what happens to it :wink:

Has anyone put a smaller front plate on a mk3 yet?

Last edited:
Not seen any on here with a smaller front plate, have you tried over on CS? remember them doing it to 182's

My next mod will be braided lines I think.

Ps. Renault won't care what you do to it lol especially 4 little letters.

Not seen any on here with a smaller front plate, have you tried over on CS? remember them doing it to 182's

I used to have one on my 172:
DSC00048.jpg

But it may be one of those things that looks terrible on a 200. Might do some measuring up :wink:
That'll keep me quiet for a while!!

Ps. Renault won't care what you do to it lol especially 4 little letters.
You never know. I did get £350 off them, as they washed my car when instructed not to upon delivery, covering it in swirl marks, so I can imagine them being pricks when I give it them back and picking up on every little detail.

You never know. I did get £350 off them, as they washed my car when instructed not to upon delivery, covering it in swirl marks, so I can imagine them being pricks when I give it them back and picking up on every little detail.

They wont care. I have had about £2k worth of stuff replaced under warranty and they wont care how it comes back. A finance company will not know if its meant to have a badge or not. Im going to part ex mine in at the end of the 3 years so will be selling the Recaros and speedlines long before it goes to the garage.

T200 knows. It is your car! Not theirs. They will look for things like massive dents and bald tires to value it.

If they done that to your car then I wouldn't be using them again. You can take the car back to any Renault or any other manufacturer dealership.

Last edited:
It is their car though. It's Renault's name on the paperwork iirc.

Tbh, I will go back to that dealership, as the dealer himself is top class, just the "valet team" that dont have a clue.
All my local Renaults are cowboys tbh.

As im on the pcp deal, I was just planning to take it back to the original dealership, as im guessing the car wont be worth much more than the £8.3k GFV, and just give it them back so that it's their problem.

Stubby aeriel off a ctr!! How do people remove elf sticker?? Mines well and truely stuck on!!
Get clio200.net stickers :wink: