Any ideas...?

Hey guys.

Wonder if anyone can help.

Story goes about 2 weeks ago had my gearbox rebuilt and all was well, then yesterday had the centre silencer box of my Milltek exhaust replaced as was rattling internally. Drove it yesterday and was fine and for about 2 hours this morning, again all was fine until I came to a halt this afternoon. The car just died. No warning lights, funny noises or splutters. RAC came out and couldn't fix but noticed the little hose that comes out of the throttle body on the left hand side was not connected to anything...?

So my question is where does this little hose attach and would this be likely to cause the car to die? It's in the garage now and they said there is also a fault with the sensor that operates the spark plugs and this is why it will not start.

Cheers

No pic sorry but I think it's the vacuum hose as Tree200 says. Would it cause anything if this was disconnected for a few days...?

Stucks in more air, causing the engine to struggle to tick over.

The RAC guy read the error codes and there were quite a few. These were -

- P0420 Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1)
- Power steering - DF019 Engine status multiplex signal (signal missing/intermittent)
- Airbag - DF060 Multiplex network (intermittent)
- Engine compartment connection unit DF008 Multiplex network (intermittent)

Doesn't mean much to me but find it strange it just cut out after driving perfectly... as stated no coughs or trouble at idle. The RAC bloke was quite worried by the multiplex stuff...

checking those faults like that isn't really the way to go about it - they could be old codes thrown up when the car had other faults
or repairs performed - best way is to make a note of the faults/codes then delete the faults and then run the vehicle and see what comes up!

if that vacuum pipe isn't connected as said it will be running with additional air by-passing the throttle and therefore throw all the fuelling out...

if its just cut out sounds like either the fuel pump or engine timing sensor (tdc sensor)

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tarticmonkey General Chat 16
l33th3tr33 Clio General Chat 20
burrellbloke Other Marques 23
K.dough11 Clio General Chat 4
LB197 Clio 197 Area 26