Any idea why my rear speakers are not working?

sorry to make you sound dumb bud, really didnt mean to, just mine hasnt got any at all in rear

The rear speakers are optional only aren't they? I had to buy some for mine. All the wiring is in place ready though. You just need speakers and to make the job easier cable/plug jobbies - dead easy to find on ebay for a couple of quid or so delivered.

I had the same issue when I bought mine, does sound stupid but check if there are actually any in there...as already stated!

I may have a standard rear set up for sale soon when I get round to doing my install! The rears were standard equipment on the R27. Not sure about other models...prob optional as stated above?

Yeah it isn't a daft question, but as already stated the rear speakers were only supplied with a certain radio package. I don't know 100% but I think that they weren't fitted to 'Cup' cars as part of the weight saving/essentials only ethic. All the wiring is in place so you could just DIY them.

Yea, only some cars got them. I have the MP3 headunit and also have the rear speakers, maybe you needed the MP3 option to get the speakers

Im more embarrassed now not knowing that it was a stupid question haha. Wasnt aware of the wiring been there though! :worried:

Mine had none either (cup). Easy to install, just get yourself a renault converter (£10ish ebay) to 'spade' as all after market speakers come with spade connectors not the block that renault require.

Im more embarrassed now not knowing that it was a stupid question haha. Wasnt aware of the wiring been there though! :worried:

not stupid if you didnt know!

mine was the same - sounds so much better with rear speakers

LOL - I wondered why mine didn't work, then my best mate removed the grill, and the lack of speakers stood out a mile lol :smile::smile::smile:

Luke, I guess you have the MP3 headunit? It should say MP3 on it somewhere and it was an upgrade from the bog standard headunit

Nope not got an mp3 hu! Was just the bog standard hu and they definatly are standard speakers, weird :s

All 'Cup' models were relieved of their rear speakers and couldn't be spec'd even if you did want them from the brand new. Pioneer do a direct front and rear speaker replacement that doesn't require a 'spade' converter. I've got these in my car front (inc. tweeters) and rear only cost £75 and there is no distortion even up to the volume you relate a Nova with haha!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tarticmonkey General Chat 16
l33th3tr33 Clio General Chat 20
burrellbloke Other Marques 23
K.dough11 Clio General Chat 4
LB197 Clio 197 Area 26