Any idea? Spinning sound!

For the last few weeks my car has made what I can best describe as a fast spinning sound every other time I start the car from cold. The sound seems to be coming from the engine but I have no idea what it is. Neverless the car starts 1st time without a problem other than the sound.

Has anyone got any ideas cause I'd rather get it sorted if its a sign something is on its way out.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
have you got climate control....could be the fan for the air-con condenser - it uses the engine cooling fan at low speed to keep it cool

if its not the cooling fan it could be the starter motor pinion clutch thats starting to fail....

Starter motors not cheap either and a royal pain in the arse to change!

Looks like you'll be visiting a garage.

I've got two options then sell the car or get ready for a massive bill. I'm guessing its gonna be near to the aux and timing belt so probably better to get them done at the same time seeing as that will be due next year.

be best to get it checked over properly first....you cant really diagnose a fault like that over the internet...it could be something cheap and simple to sort!

be best to get it checked over properly first....you cant really diagnose a fault like that over the internet...it could be something cheap and simple to sort!

I hope so mate cause that's the best advice I have heard believe it or not, I have asked one of my mates who's a mechanic and he called me paranoid and said just wait until it goes bang and the get it fixed which I'm not really willing to risk.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tarticmonkey General Chat 16
l33th3tr33 Clio General Chat 20
burrellbloke Other Marques 23
K.dough11 Clio General Chat 4
LB197 Clio 197 Area 26