Any 200T gearbox failures out there yet?

Anyone experienced total failure of their 200T gearbox yet, or do they seem to holding up pretty well?

I ask as I've two young sons, who won't be much smaller in a year or so. We currently drive a 200, which is fine at the moment, but there will be a time when 5 doors will be needed. I can't see us driving anything over a Renault Sport, but the possible failure/cost of the gearbox on 200T is putting me off, even though I'm in the motor trade.

Any info would be great. Chris.

Ive not heard of any yet, and I browse several clio forums, including aus which have a larger number of mk4 users.

The only thing I've heard of is the gearbox overheating, but this is when the cars are remapped to high torque (not all cars just a few). But for standard cars I've seen 0 issues.

20000 miles 380nm of torque and no problems, clutch seems to slip if you put any more torque through the box. Gearbox overheat message is on some cars but it is not a gearbox fault it is an alarm flashed up by the car as it is not seeing full throttle on the on a long high torque run. Usually caused by bad mapping/poor fuel. The ECU is calling for full throttle but only giving 60% due to detonation, it then flings up the gearbox overheat fault.

That is why you get it mapped at RS Tuning.

Not a direct answer to the question but it covers the fact to date even on high torque cars that are regularly used there are to date no gearbox failures that I am aware of, unlike the older cars that go through gearboxes on piece.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1