Another FF Glacier White 197

Right time for a little update, got the headliner pulled out last week and tried dying it and the dye didnt take :worried: so after ringing around a few places for a price to trim it in alcan only found one local trimmer who would do the job and he wanted £500 to do it lol.. He said there was no way of doin it in one piece so it would need stitching to do the job properly..
There is no way i could pull that sort of money out right near christmas so decided to trim it myself using some material from a local haberdasherys.. got it done this morning and im over the moon with the result.. looks almost factory.. i trimmed the A and C pillars in alcan to match the steering wheel and other bits i had trimmed from steve at edge.. Best part of it is it only cost me £30 for materiels to do the job.. Just painted all the grey plastic parts in satin black and i will refit them tomorow when they are all dry..
Anyway heres a few pics i took on my phone after the headline was back in..

c9364dea.gif

0537f3ba.jpg

76fe503f.gif

bbab9a1a.jpg

4ee1887c.gif

6e4cd879.gif

9142ee12.jpg

ad85dd55.jpg

I will get some better pics when all the plastics are back in..:thumbsup:

interior looks class dude!!! good your having a go yourself, looks like you've done a really good job on the headliner!!

:001_unsure:
Looking good mate and saved your self a few bob doing it your self.like your summer toy in the back ground in the first pic!
Cheers mark,, yeah passed me bike test earlier this year..
R6 is a bit of a beast after the 2 years riding around on a 125 befor it lol..

Love the new interior. Looks superb.

What it difficult?
I wouldn't have said difficult mate more fiddlely tbh.. Hardest part was getting the headliner back through the boot without creasing or damaging it..
Well worth a go though makes the interior look loads more classy..

interior looks class dude!!! good your having a go yourself, looks like you've done a really good job on the headliner!!
Cheers Craig,, ya defo get more satisfaction doing jobs yourself a must admit..

Oh yes mate top wk that, have you got any pics with the stering wheel done as well fitted

Cheers mate.. been waiting until i had the headliner etc back in befor i tried gettin some decent pics.. hopefully il get time this weekend to get a few:smile:

Been busy making myself a custom sub box for the front foot well in the clio..
When i sold the Golf i kept all the ICE i had in there so thought it would be rude not to add a touch of bass to the Clio for the boring drives to work..
When i took all the gear out the Golf and weighed it i got a bit off a shock,, just over 7 stone worth of gear.
Didnt really want to add all that weight to the Clio so iv settled for my Becker head unit powering the stock door speakers and a Genisis amp powering the 8inch Focal sup in the foot well.. The way the amp is set up the 8 acts more like a mid bass than a sub so it doesn't over power the front end..
Custom box is a mix of MDF and fibre glass to mould the shape and then sealed using reson..
Heres a few pics i took while i was making it..

The day it was all taken out of the Golf..

74486513.gif

Moulding the basic shape of the box..

38795979.gif

36e68ad5.jpg

Then made front and top from 18mm MDF..

556eb057.jpg

I will hopefully get some pics tomora with it trimmed and fitted:smile:

awesome :smile: great work really what the clio is missing caus i love good sound. i really miss my sound that i had in the mk4 :worried:

awesome :smile: great work really what the clio is missing caus i love good sound. i really miss my sound that i had in the mk4 :worried:

Yeah cheers mate,, it did lacks a bit of bass that's for sure..
Thing is now the subs in I'm itching to fit some decent components up front..

Right then, a few of you might have seen my car up for sale in the classifieds section and it was sold yesterday so i thought i would put a few pic's up of how the car looked befor it went...

With yhe black headliner..

photo13.jpg

1313d8a2.jpg

9cb8d6c1.jpg

Custom sub box fitted

9a654ad9.jpg

False floor in boot..

d7973bab.jpg

1de03688.jpg

And a few randoms..
Megane 18 inch cup wheels i was guna do gloss black..
The cage is up for sale if anyones interested..

7768eb7d.jpg

a2654ca3.jpg

a21c8c64.jpg

3370df81.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

001.jpg