Another FF Glacier White 197

Right guys, thought i would start a project thread on my 197..
After owning a VW for around the last 20 years i thought it was time i tried something else and after selling my much loved GOLF mk4 1.8t which id had for 9 years and spent a small fortune on i decided to go for something that was a good all rounder and had a good spec from the factory because i said i was done with blowing money on cars..
After looking at S2000's and a few other cars i started looking at 197s and was really liking what i was seeing.. After looking on piston heads i found this one and fell in love with it from the pics on there so headed up to Scotland to have a closer look.. When i went out in the car it felt spot on and a deal was done and i was the proud owner of a 197...
So after telling myself i wouldn't spend any money on the car i started thinking of ways to make it a bit more my own..
First thing i wanted was a new steering wheel but after seeing some of Edge Automotive work on a friends car i decided to just have the original one re trimmed in black alcan with white stitching and also ended up getting the dash strips,, gear knob + gaiter and clock surround done to match..
Being really into music and keeping all the ICE id had in my mk4 i have decided to put a small install in the Clio but not go mad as i don't want to add to much weight..
Any way here is a few pics of how the car stands now.. i will try and keep the thread updated but i don't really get as much time as i would like to spend on the net with work and stuff
A few of my old mk4

c95c9e62.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Picture2192.jpg

And the Clio

d9407d69.jpg

aeb08e31.jpg

503b3793.jpg

c5b98d63.jpg

4b87fe70.jpg

Steering wheel + gear knob,, waiting for other bits to arrive, hopefully by the weekend..

1f8f8a8b.jpg

33d6bf3e.jpg

Also got a metre of alcan sent so i could have a go at trimming my a pillars..
turned out spot on so i am going to have a go at the B and C pillars as well..
Im wanting the head liner trimmed but going to dye it black for now until funds permit lol

b52cd3a9.jpg

bbab9a1a.jpg

I will get some pics up when i get everything fitted to the car..

Cheers

Im likning the car and the bits you have done to mit, im waiting for steve to get back to me so i can get my steering wheel done, do the pillars come of easy as i know the PH2 clios were awful to get of

Golf looked wicked dude fair play, not a fan of golfs usually either.

Doing some good stuff to the clio, especially the steering wheel!! fancy doing that to mine now!!!

Keep it up!

Cheers for the comments lads :smile:

Im likning the car and the bits you have done to mit, im waiting for steve to get back to me so i can get my steering wheel done, do the pillars come of easy as i know the PH2 clios were awful to get of
Mate the pillars where a nightmare to get off.. I was hanging off them at one point lol

Steering wheel looks amazing where can i get one and how much dollar.
Contact Steve at Edge Automotive mate

Not a massive VAG fan, but that Golf really did look the part.

Loving the retrim on the interior bits on the Clio, any plans to darken the headlining too to match the pillars?

Not a massive VAG fan, but that Golf really did look the part.

Loving the retrim on the interior bits on the Clio, any plans to darken the headlining too to match the pillars?

Cheers lads.. yes mate i would love the headliner trimmed in alcan to match the pillars but not really got the cash at the min..
Hoping to drop the headliner this week and going to have a go at dying it black for now.. while its out guna try trimming the other pillars as well..

If you are thinking of doing any other mods to the engine do them first then a map:thumbup:

Ya right there mark but that's just my point it seems like you have to spend a small fortune and ya never get a decent gain..
Think I'm just goin to concentrate on getting the interior sorted on mine and possibly some KWs next year..

Looking good mate, mick who lives jus round the corner from says your always messing around with it ha! :smile:

That will be me mate,, can't help myself..
Got to tinkerin with it lol..