amp install, just a quick one.

Hi everyone,

So as a hangover cure, I think I'm gonna install my subs and amp into my clio.

Just need to know the easiest way from the battery through the firewall. Is there a bung I can use?

Whenever I fit an amp its always the most time consuming part, finding a way into the car! Lol

Any help to make this a bit quicker would be greatly appreciated :smile::biggrin:

You can squeeze it through the bung behind the glovebox under the floor carpet. Follow the bonnet release cable. However, my power wire was too thick, so I drilled my own hole and inserted a grommet, before feeding the wire through. This protects the wire and ensures a waterproof seal. I had to remove one of the pipes in the engine bay so that I could get at the bulkhead though.

cool thanks for the headsup. I havent had chance to look properly, but from doing other jobs eg changing bulbs etc, its a bit of a squeeze under there lol

Yep it's quite tight. The pipe was on a simple worm drive clamp so was really easy to remove. For me, it was impossible to squeeze it through the existing grommet. Took minutes to remove pipe drill hole, fit grommet, feed wire and refit.

Nice one mate, just had a look at that, very neat!

Just another quick one...

Ive found the bung, got it through, but cant find the other end as the airbox is in the way and cant figure out how it undoes so I can get it out the way?

EDIT: The battery is d/c but is still on the car, do I need to remove that aswell?

Last edited:
Managed to get mine half fitted the other day. There's a spare grommet just left of centre near the top of the firewall behind some heat shielding material. If you just fold down the top slightly you'll see it. Takes a bit of effort but using some garden wire to lead I managed to feed the power cable through to the passenger foot-well.

Had a crack trying to go through the passenger foot-well bung but just couldn't get at it on the other side.

Only thing is I think my amp is dead so its still a no go :worried: lol
I installed some rear speakers at the same time so it wasnt a completly wasted day haha