Ambient air temperature guage

My mechanic says that the Air temperature gauge under the front bumper is missing.

That in itself doesn't concern me ,but is the running of the engine dependant on the reading of this sensor,or is it just for internal display?

Other than Renault ,where can I purchase one?

Do you mean the sensor for the outside temperature which gives a display on the centre dash console? If so then the sensor is located on the underside of the driver's wing mirror.

Reactions: Foxspeed
Is the air temperature sensor for the dashboard display not on the wing mirror. There are several temperature sensors in the car what's wrong with the car as you don't seem to know what your looking for.

I don't have any temperature display on central display and my garage said that there was a sensor missing under front bumper,so I assumed that related to the temperature.

I didn't see what he was describing so am in the dark.

If the temperature display doesn't effect the running of the car then I'm not bothered.

The temp sensor is in the mirror drivers side but I think there should be a reading even if it's wrong has the mirrors taken a knock or been replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the wing mirrors were resprayed before I bought the car. Does the reading affect the engine running?

What sensor should be under the front bumper then?

Finally is the display automatic or could it have been disabled?

If it's disconnected it might be blank I had a fault sensor it had been reading 50degrees. Your garage has either broken it or does not know anything about the Clio and trying to distract you away from the mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not worked since I bought it -may have been disturbed when having mirrors resprayed before I collected -can't say if they were working when I tested it.

Is it an easy job to replace or is the sensor an integral part of the mirror ?

Could it also be a faulty display as various functions are a bit hit and miss -eg time display sometimes nearly disappears.

I dont have any kind of tempeature sensor in my clio 197 front bumper.
Outside tempeature sensor is located right mirror as previuous writers told.