Alternative locking methods

I'm really getting fed up now with this stupidly tempremental car!

I think the battery in my key card (the rechargable one) died a while back as I only recently learnt you had to recharge it by putting it in the slot.

Now it is very tempremental and never locks the car in the morning, always works at night oddly enough!

How else can I lock the car. I have had to leave it, for the second day running, unlocked in a car park.

I know you can lock the passenger side door by dismantling the card but this still leaves the driver door open.

Can someone advise please?

Thanks,

Woza.

I dont think the batteries are rechargable. Do you have keyless start? I have never used my slot since I have owned the car and I only ever use the same card, been going strong for 2.5 years now with no probs.

So the buttons on the card don't work.?
If not then you battery(replaceable one) needs changing as the buttons are powered by the replacable battery.

Also, dont leave it too long between taking the old battery out and putting the new one in or you may lose the code and that will mean an expensive re-code of the card

I dont think the batteries are rechargable. Do you have keyless start? I have never used my slot since I have owned the car and I only ever use the same card, been going strong for 2.5 years now with no probs.

according to Renault they are Adrian.
Mine died completely after 3&2months. After being stood for 2 weeks.

what battery type do i need and is it easily replaced? Just swap them over or do i need to be concerned with coding etc?

Edit: have just replaced the small circular battery in the card - will see what happens when i get home tonight!

I got my new replaceable batteries from ren. Weren't as expensive as I thought they would be but can't remember how much.

I know its not ideal, but whilst the car is on idle or switched on to what is acc put the drivers side window down hit the internal lock button then switch the car off then hit the one-touch button on the window... When you want to get back in just unlock the car with the key from the passenger side....

Not ideal but atleast the car is locked...

the batteries are cr2025's like big watch batteries which you can get from any car spares place we sell for abot £2-£3