Alpine Stalk and Display adaptor

Alpine APF-D102RE

Does anyone know if this will definitely work in a 200 like it does in a 197?

Had it fitted today and got neither display or stalk controls, Alpine technical have said that there was nothing to say it is compatible it just lists as Clio 2005 onwards.

I know I can get a lead which will just do the stalk controls but was looking for something that does both, but if that is not possible in 200's that's the route I will have to go down.

Not 100% sure, but I believe the 200 is a canbus system, and the 197 isn't. I wouldnt think this unit would talk to that system and give you the display/controls etc.

I believe the steering control adaptors are different part numbers for 197 & 200, due to the different electrical systems.

I have the same adaptor, and I get controls but no display....although I think this is down to a dodgy unit, and not a compatability issue.

Antony :headphone:

Alpine APF-D102RE

Does anyone know if this will definitely work in a 200 like it does in a 197?

Had it fitted today and got neither display or stalk controls, Alpine technical have said that there was nothing to say it is compatible it just lists as Clio 2005 onwards.

I know I can get a lead which will just do the stalk controls but was looking for something that does both, but if that is not possible in 200's that's the route I will have to go down.

Iv just bought an alpine head unit where did you buy the adapter for the display and stalk?

Not 100% sure, but I believe the 200 is a canbus system, and the 197 isn't. I wouldnt think this unit would talk to that system and give you the display/controls etc.

I believe the steering control adaptors are different part numbers for 197 & 200, due to the different electrical systems.

I have the same adaptor, and I get controls but no display....although I think this is down to a dodgy unit, and not a compatability issue.

So it seems there is no adaptor for the 200's that will do both the stalk and display.

Do you know which lead I will need to at least get stalk controls on a 200 then?

What will be on my display when the display is not working?

Cheers

Paul

From Car Audio Direct mate it is not on their site but they can source it.

Although I wouldn't if you have a 200 as I got neither the stalk controls or display on mine.

So it seems there is no adaptor for the 200's that will do both the stalk and display.

Do you know which lead I will need to at least get stalk controls on a 200 then?

What will be on my display when the display is not working?

Cheers

Paul

The 197 needs CTSRN005 and the 200 needs CTSRN007 (connects2 adaptors) You will then need the alpine patch lead

What? If a 182 has Canbus i'm sure a 197 would?

The steering control adaptor states 'can-bus' for the 200 system, and not for the 197. They are slightly different adaptors.

This would probably explain why the Alpine display/control adaptor works on the 197 and not on the 200.

Ta fella, what will be on my display with that lead fitted?

Bit gutted like one of the main reasons I went with the system I chose was to keep the stalks and display, but if it can't be done it can't be helped I suppose.

The display will still show your temp and clock. Not sure 100% with the 200, but Ive heard some people say the rest is blank, and some say it displays either renault or the stereo make e.g Alpine....but I cant fully remember which to be honest!