Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by Heppy997, Sep 23, 2017.
yeah no point fitting bigger ones as it wouldnt run right..good job..enjoy some booooost mate
Injectors changed, no difference unfortunately. Still getting a rough idle and it seems to be over boosting. I'll try a new actuator next and maybe a boost leak test.....
In the mean time I've refurbished another AC compressor with new bearings and a quick lick of paint, should hopefully cure my horrible whining noise:
I've also got brand new front shocks, top mount and H&R springs to go on. The Spax coilovers I have are too bouncy on the road and it isn't a track car so I'm not too fussed about them.
Lastly I've got an alloy coolant tank to replace the manky old 172 one which is currently zip tied in place, and a piece of carbon so I can fabricate a bracket for it. Hopefully it'll smarten the engine bay up a bit
Hope you get to the bottom of your problem...
Lots of new goodies to be fitted soon..happy days...
Quick update, did all the suspension on Monday, replacing the spax coilovers with new front oem shocks, new top mounts and H&R springs. Drives much better now, not surprising given the state of the rear springs lol. Gave the arches a good scrub and degrease whilst the wheels were off too
Interior is looking nice these days too
Got the new coolant tank mounted up to a little carbon bracket I made, should hopefully attach behind the battery using the battery tray bolts
Still need to swap the air con pump, and try and figure out this misfire/overboosting issue. Drawing a bit of a blank with that, I need to plug it into clip and see what it throws up....
Those rear springs!
Terrible I know. I spoke to Spax about them but they weren't interested. One has snapped as you can see but the other has almost turned itself inside out and destroyed the height adjuster with it!
not surprised you were not happy with its ride comfort...good job mate
Small update, unfortunately the old girl still isn't running right and its left me (and others) scratching our heads a bit. Anyway I dropped it off at the garage today to let Trevor have a further look and log some live data to try and pinpoint the problem.
In the mean time I've spent some time on the paintwork, did a full 3M machine cut and polish then waxed with Poorboys stuff. Looks pretty mega now, although I'm no detailing nerd...here it is next to my brother's M3
And finally a little purchase I made, an r26 LSD Been waiting for one of these to pop up cheap and sure enough I finally found one last week. I think I may pick up a cheap 225 box to get this popped into and then do a straight swap, not sure yet. Right now I don't feel like pulling the car to bits again so it can wait for the minute
Sorry to see you're still struggling to get the kinks ironed out. Hope the end is very much in sight.
Always so VERY impressed watching people take on something like this on their own. I wouldn't have a clue.
Can I ask what colour your brother's M3 is please? Looks like it *might* be Steel Grey but if not it's something pretty rare I think.
Also, can I request a good photo of your steering wheel please? It looks awesome.
Thanks mate the m3 is 'Sterling Grey' metallic according to him, one of 11 made. Its quite a special car, has been fully restored. He's always getting asked if its a CSL!
Sure, I'll grab a decent pic tomorrow. I had it retrimmed at Royal steering wheels probably around 3 years ago but still looks rather nice
Knew it was a special. It's a brilliant colour in the flesh. Photos don't do it justice at all. I'd love mine in that colour.
And nice one for the photo mate. Just moving towards having ours retrimmed so it would be good to see what you've done.
im sure you get it running soon..nothing better than showing those big boys what we are made of
Finally some good news! The Clio is running like a dream now. I took it to EFI this weekend and the guy Chris sorted it within about 15 minutes. It turns out the ECU was running a standard map but set up for 630 injectors rather than standard. So it was making the car run lean which isn't great. So with the car back to running a completely standard map it feels ace! Took a few hours of driving for everything to settle down but it feels like it should now. Booked in for a proper remap in about a month's time
wish I had the money for one of these they are an amazing piece of car manship if that's even a word.
Good news you’re up and running. Boost makes it a nice quick agile little car
That's what Trev told me...
Glad it's sorted..