alex tews... idiot tbh

right for those of you that dont know alex tews basically had the bright idea to build a website purly for advertisment...

selling pixels $1 a pixel and there are 1million pixles on the site.

he wanted to pay for uni etc... with a million dollers... seems expensive lol...

it claimes on his blog that he never thought it would get so big. he never expected to ever sell 1million pixles...

basically his family bought 2ks worth in the first week which caught the bbcs eye. and they wrote an artical about the site. the next thing you see is hes getting over $100,000 the next week in sales! up to $500,000 sales within a month! and he sold 999.999 of the pixels within 5 months!!! crazy yes! he auctioned the last set of pixels on ebay and got a bid of 150 million which was a silly bid and was retracted!

he had thousdands of bids but the when it came to finding a genuine bidder the highest was 36k or something! not what he expected i would guess. when someone goes in and bids 150 million lol...

well thats about him. but my point is yet to come.

iv been bored at the office today and just had a look on his site now and looked into his background. he stopped writing his blog in 2006 just after the last pixels sold... seems lazy most would like to know what hes up to, he got 1000s of jobs offerd to him offering millions a year! so he did what most normal people would do and didnt go to uni in then end, just pocketed the 1million.

he went on to recently start up a company called some jam... but within 6months it went bust haha... leaving his invester short of a six figure sum...
he didnt take any of the jobs offerd to him. and he didnt go to uni!!! crazy... (i def wouldnt have gone to uni, but i would want to learn from some of the big companys he was offerd jobs by)

his site was getting 4 million views a week in its hay day! why the hell did he not think when this was happening!! oooooo theres a BIG money making chance there.

you could litrally advertise total junk and make a fortune getting that many views!!!!!

well basically hes a very silly boy cuz after just reading up on him a bit more. it seems hes yet again going to venture out on his own! and start anouther company! and this time is doing it with his money! fool... granted it wasnt his money first time round so he had nothing to do. but he lost a guy millions and just walks away, he had a site that was getting loads of views he could of used to his advantage to make things happen but no. "he infacts blaims the reason for his company going down on the fact facebook and twitter wouldnt take it on!!!"
he had a site with not shy of 16million views a month!!! he could still make alot of money! basically hes just a lucky guy that made 1million and has probs spent it now and didnt even save enough for uni lol

Thanks for reading if you did...

ALEX TEWS U IDIOT!!!

Nice read.

ALEX TEWS U IDIOT!!!

I couldnt agree with you more. He had life handed to him on a plate and he managed to p**s it up the wall.

Rather like the story of that Mr. Caroll bloke, who won the lottery. It was his chance to turn his life around from gloom. What did he do, waste it on a mansion that he ended up driving cars through and trashing.

Money should never have been gifted to him, GIVE IT TO ME :@

lol, i remember reading about it and seeing it when it first happened, and it was one of those "why didnt i think of that" moments.

But hes obviously a total nobber after reading that :smiley:

You are very right on this one.

I was watching a program the other day, where they interviewed people who had won the lottery, and after the first year and initial "thrill" of having the money, most people who won just go about life as normal.

Most of them had lost all their friends and have had marriage problems because of the fact that EVERYONE demands money from the winner. Mark Gardiner won the first ever roll over. He bought all his "best friends" a house each, and 2 years later, none of them were speaking to him, and they'd all sold their houses for the money. Was it about money, or did they value their friendship?

Money rules our world too much!

Similar Thread Suggestions