Albi R27 Renault Birmingham

Is it really that bad?? I need some warranty paintwork doing and was going to go there.... :worried:

Yes, it is that bad. Here's why. My car went in for a service, they quoted me £189 on the phone, on arrival they demanded £220, not a good start.

I asked them to look at the steering wheel as it had started melting. They also said they would call me the moment it was finished so I was not walking around Brum all day long.

At 4 PM I arrive after just being told it's ready and when I ask about the steering wheel they said Renault UK refused to swap the steering wheel under warranty because they believe it's fair wear and tear. I call Renault from the showroom and lodge a complaint; they say they will look at the photos that Renault Birmingham have taken and let me know in due course. No photos were ever taken!!!! Now, for the good stuff:-

I have a roadhawk surveillance camera built into the car and incredibly it recorded everything (and audio) from the moment it went into their workshop. There is absolutely no evidence that they went anywhere near the filler cap with oil, or the washer with solution but they say they did. Three muppetts (ugly ****s) sit around talking about the steering wheel and said "this bloke has rings on his finger and he's trying to scam a new steering wheel under warranty". They put the car back on the forecourt an 11.15 and call me at 15.45!!!

I went in the next morning as they said it had to have a handbrake cable (not in stock) and when the tech came to the desk I asked him how long it will take, he said "not a clue, never done one before". This was one of the pr1cks who determined I was scamming for a steering wheel and when I pulled him up about it in front of other customers he **** himself and denied it. I said I have you on film you ginger ****. Long story short I sent a copy of the footage to renault UK who suddenly started to act upon my complaint. They arranged for me to go to All Electric in Halesowen who were brilliant, they replaced my steering wheel without issue. They said Renault asked them to be particularly nice to me.

I wrote to the pr1cks at Renault Birmingham (Aaron Russell, Chris Avery) and no matter what I had to say they just dismissed it completely. The fact that it was left at that shows just how much Renault care about the customer experience, they are too scared to upset a dealer in case they refuse to seal their cars.

I expected a refund as a minimum but seems these asswipes don't agree. I can't think how many people I have put off going to Renault Birmingham through word of mouth and various forums.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning, they sound like idiots. I'm sick of taking my car to a bunch of monkeys at a dealership, just want a decent one for a change, and the one I usually use don't do bodywork repairs

Anyway, sorry to hijack the spotted thread lol

They had my megane for nearly 20 days!

and only though me phoning up on several occasions did i find out what was actually happening, they never called when they promised

when i finally collected it, i never even got an apology

dont rate there service at all

that was mine parked up

Full story - they serviced it in July, found no real faults, but replaced Recaro base, steering wheel and alternator (to be fair, didn't know there was anything wrong with the alternator) under warranty. Took a while after they ordered the wrong alternator but they hadn't taken the old one off so could take the car away then bring back.

First MOT due end of this week so did it with them as price was £40 and was walkable into work. Failed but car cleaned inside & out! Brake inbalance on front, so take back after weekend and authorised to strip them down and clean for £85, thought simple enough. Until they snap a brake pad (not our fault, honest) in half and then quote over £300 to replace. Told them to stop and left car on ramp overnight. Got onto Customer Service and after a bit of a battle i've had to pay £130 with customer service paying the rest. Customer service told me that Bham refused to make any contribution at all, despite the fact that the pads were only 30% worn and they shouln't really have had to touch the braking material itself. Must have gone at it with a Bham Screwdriver. To be fair, they were pleasant all the way through and I just about kept sane, which I think helped. Safe to say, now the warranty has run out (well, tomorrow) Fred by the airport will have himself a new customer. Oh, and they washed it again on Tue, hence it probably looking good, if you wash a car every 20 miles it should look good!

Welcome to the forum markrsmt. Lesson learned with Birmingham Renault, it's good to let others hear of your experience so as to avoid going to the clowns in future. Personally I wouldn't let them was my car as that's well above their capabilities.

There were tons of 197's around birmingham yesterday. I also saw yours on wednesday mark. Did look very tidy.

The guy who works on the parts desk is sound enough. But after the fiasco I had with my 197, it's never going near Renault again. They failed to recognise 2 seized front calipers, and it was pretty obvious they were seized because there was literally no braking power at all. Secondly they failed to torque the spark plugs up, so when I took the car to Fred (who is superb btw) he was able to actually twist them out by hand.

If you live in brum just take your car to Fred, he charges less for labour, charges less for parts and goes well beyond what I'd deem necessary in terms of customer service.

i use renault wolverhampton, cant fault them really, my first service with them they accidently quoted me a low price for my service, not relising they didnt include the parts on top. but they still charged me the same as it was there fault. wish they did that every year thou. lol