Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE - 19.02.2017 - The end)

I love the stance of 20mm spacers but the potential for the side of the car being stone chipped really puts me off actually getting any! A couple of your pics show perfectly how the front wheels now stick out slightly and are perfectly lined up to throw stones and muck down the sides of the car.

attachment.php

It might actually be worth seeing if you can get some of that clear plastic protective stuff on the side skirts?

Ah we'll see what happens [MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION], I'm not driving the car a massive lot at the moment so the possibly of it happening are reduced. Plus I think I'll remove them come winter time for that reason too.

looking better and better...dont forget that after you have fitted the spacers you will get the side of your car dirty more..maybe getting some mud flaps would be a good idea...
nice work as always mate :clap:

Ah mud flaps on the 197 really aren't my cuppa tea. I know what your saying though [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION], just means I'll have to keep the car clean and well polished and as [MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION] has said maybe some protective film in places too.

Looking great! How do you find the handling?

Its good for what I've driven of it so far [MENTION=4553]shubz197[/MENTION], seems to be nicer in the corners due to the wider stance. Don't want to be pushing it too much though and catching myself out lol.

Update 06.06.2015

Like many people before me, one of the first things I did when I bought the Clio was to remove the Renault ELF sticker from inside the rear window.

Unfortunately I didn't know when I did this that it would turn out to be one of the if not the hardest part on the car to replace.

However after about two years or searching for the replacement sticker, which both Renault and Renault Dieppe wont supply I managed to get my hands on these...

1229.jpg

So of course as soon as I'd opened the envelope and realised what they were, I couldn't hold back so went straight out to fit them to the car.

1230.jpg

1231.jpg

Cleaning the selected area.

1232.jpg

Squeegee at the ready...

1233.jpg

And here we go...

1234.jpg

1248.jpg

1249.jpg

I'm over the moon with how its looking after waiting so long to set an early mistake right.

As always, comments are welcome.

John

Last edited:
As I'm sure a lot of you have seen, I have now parted ways with my much loved R27.

It honestly brought me 4 years of fun and smiles. Yes there was a few down points along the way, but they were well and truly outweighed by the good times.

Heres some of the last pictures I took of it under my ownership.

end1.jpg

end2.jpg

end3.jpg

end4.jpg

end5.jpg

Away it goes...

I wish the new owner @Cossers all the best with it and if it brings him even half the fun it brought me I'm sure he wont be disappointed.

I'll still check in on the forum from time to time and see how your all doing, and who knows maybe when my time with the Peugeot is at an end I might make the return to a Renault of some sort :wink:

John

Cossers certainly has got himself a very special example of an R27, it must have been very hard seeing it go. Full credit to you for keeping it in such great condition John :smile:

Reactions: Jmax and Cossers
Mate, I'd have had it for DEFINITE if we didn't find our RB one!

Lol just bad timing, but as they say, everything happens for a reason.

Cossers certainly has got himself a very special example of an R27, it must have been very hard seeing it go. Full credit to you for keeping it in such great condition John :smile:

Yea it was emotional, it was a massive part of my life for 4 year. Put alot of smiles on my far, but I know its gone to a good home with @Cossers and I'm sure he'll tease me with the odd drive by from time to time lol.

Lol just bad timing, but as they say, everything happens for a reason.

Yea it was emotional, it was a massive part of my life for 4 year. Put alot of smiles on my far, but I know its gone to a good home with @Cossers and I'm sure he'll tease me with the odd drive by from time to time lol.

I'll make it about 3 o'clock some morning flat to the mat! Lol