Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE - 19.02.2017 - The end)

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
So here’s the story so far with my Albi Blue R27…

This is one of the images the Honda dealer in Liverpool had on their website while advertising the car.

1.JPG

I made the trip over to Liverpool to pick up my new motor at the start of December once a deal had been agreed in principle over the phone.

This is it while sitting in Holyhead (with little over 18,500 miles on the clock) while waiting for the boat back to Dublin (The easier route for us to cross the Irish sea).

2.jpg

In daylight at home the next day.

3.jpg

Shortly after arriving home I booked the car in to have the belts and water pump changed, as I knew this had not been done. I took it to Shelbourne motors as they were the best priced to do the work.

I’ve only had a couple of other problems with the car so far, the first one being what appears to be water marks on the stickers, but no matter what I do I can’t seem to shift them.

4.jpg

The second problem is the skin of the driver side Recaro is coming away around the bolster area. Again this hasn’t yet been sorted, but I’m sure it won’t be hard to do once I get around to it.

5.jpg

I ordered myself some Team Heko wind deflectors from JJ Automotive through eBay and they eventually arrived with me (after some messing about with Parcel Force) . When I opened them I was greeted with this…

6.jpg

7.jpg

I promptly got onto Jan from JJ Automotive and she agreed to send me out a replacement wind deflector free to charge.

Before
8.jpg

After
9.JPG

The Clio getting its Boxing day bath.

Before
10.jpg

After
11.JPG

At present I'm waiting to get the paper work back from the DVLNI to confirm my cherished plate has been transferred over, and a few other purchases to arrive in the post that will hopefully help to freshen the cat up.

The car currently has little over 19,000 miles on the clock and I can’t wait for the weather to pick up a bit so I can get to spend a bit more time cleaning and tidying up around it.

John

Last edited:
Thanks very much Deaks. They aren't too bad over here, its only been away for just over a week, but I knew it was going to be messed up with Christmas and New Years in there too. Hopefully it'll arrive back soon as I know the plate will look awesome on the car.

Looks sweet mate, was debating the deflectors for mine, but you have just persuaded me! Just ordered some specially made seat covers from eBay for these seats, highly recommended as the wear quicker than the tyres do! eBay item 270469017943

Looks sweet mate, was debating the deflectors for mine, but you have just persuaded me! Just ordered some specially made seat covers from eBay for these seats, highly recommended as the wear quicker than the tyres do! eBay item 270469017943

Umm not really fussed on the seat covers, plus the way I look at it is why keep the seats good for the next owner? If they wear through I'll replace the bolsters or get the whole seats retrimmed.

looks nice mate :smile:

Thanks very much.

Nice motor lad.

I still haven't received my new v5 from buying the car and your already onto changing the plate!

Car looks so good. The water marks are common issue on R27 stickers.

Albi on anthracite wheels look awesome.

Thanks very much for the kind comments guys.

I still haven't received my new v5 from buying the car and your already onto changing the plate!

The plate has been on my last two cars, so was already thinking about it even before I bought the R27 lol.

Where abouts in northen Ireland you from? I'm from Banbridge.

I'm from just outside Dromore. I know Tim that used to own your Clio.

The water marks can be shifted with some apc and the scouring side of a sponge or I use a nail cleaner.

UPDATE 05.01.2013

Yesterday I received one of my eBay purchases in the mail.

12.jpg

I’ve now fitted it to the car but I’m not 100% sure if I like it or not.

13.jpg

Today the postman brought yet more of my many purchases I made over the Christmas period. I was never a fan of the standard grey clio mats that came in the 197, I felt they always looked out of place and cheap compared to the rest of the car.

14.jpg

I had contemplated going for the silver 197 or yellow 200 Renault sport mats but I just couldn’t justify the near £50 price tag on them. When looking through eBay I stumbled across these Renault mats that are just plain black and I think they suit the car perfectly.

15.jpg

16.jpg

John

Last edited:
UPDATE 08.01.2013

Delivery of some detailing products from Elite Car Care. Meguiar's Tyre Dressing Applicator Pad and Valet PRO Soft Wash & Detailing Brushes for dressing the plastic grills on the F1.

17.jpg

John

Last edited:
UPDATE 09.01.2013

So this is what the postman brought in todays mail…

Time to get the car smelling nice with a choice of California Scents.

18.jpg

Which one to choose first?

John

Last edited: