akrapovic

Mike with the liquid yellow R27 has one.

People seem to think its the best exhaust but I think it's down to individuals if you can justify £1k when there are good exhausts from KTEC/Milltek for around £400

Given the price, I personally wouldn't go near one. They probably are epic, but £1k on a Clio exhaust is a bit barmy imo.

Given the price, I personally wouldn't go near one. They probably are epic, but £1k on a Clio exhaust is a bit barmy imo.

I agree, if i was to get one for mine then it would either be the Ktec Pro system or the Piper system from Kam racing, both more or less the same price, tbh i would probably drift more towards the Piper system just because i havent seen many people on here with them, sure the quality will be much the same and the noise just as good!

You probably need to ask yourself what you are trying to achieve, none of these will give a significant improvement in performance, though the Akrapovic should give the most significant increase. So if it is for style and noise there probably isn't much in it.

From what I have read power gains are possible through removal of the centre box and one or both of the cats, but this reduction in back pressure typically makes the flat spot that much worse so you then need to spend £350 on a remap to get rid of it.

IMO, if your primary motivation is looks and noise then sure, go for the Piper / Milltek / K-Tec / Janspeed. If your primary motivation is power and build quality then go for the Akrapovic.

Ive got one on my 197! By far the best exhaust imo. Sounds epic, mine gave no more peak power but in the midrange it was so much better, so much more eager and revved harder. Its a lot of money, but you DO get what you pay for.

I am massively bias, but for good reason as it is just win! No flat spot at all either, its a lot better from 2k onwards!

My ktec pro system gets taken off and replaced by the Akro system this saturday.
Ive had nothing but problems with my pro system and cant wait for it to come off.
It was fitted by ktec in March. Cannit has tried rectfying it as well as another garage but to no avail.
Akro will fit like a glove and will sound great.
I intend to keep my 200 for a good few years so want it as good as i can get it.
Maybe i had a dodgy pro...but it was getting to the stage where i disliked driving it!

On the website of akrapovic I can only find an exhaust for the RS200. The one who sales this in Belgium, says that it's only available for the RS200. Does the one for the RS200 fits on a RS197?

Ive got one on my 197! By far the best exhaust imo. Sounds epic, mine gave no more peak power but in the midrange it was so much better, so much more eager and revved harder. Its a lot of money, but you DO get what you pay for.

I am massively bias, but for good reason as it is just win! No flat spot at all either, its a lot better from 2k onwards!

Can i find somewhere a picture of your clio with the akrapovic?
So you didn't need the RS200 diffuser?

Yes, go on my thread in the progress section. I got jamsport to make me up some custom clamp on tips. They look really good. No one else really seems to have anything like that for the 197, give them a call and see what they can do.