Akrapovic or Milltek - anyone in the North East?

Mike_Robo

Official North East Area Photographer.
Paid Member
Hi guys,

I've had my 200 for a couple of weeks now and have already got the itch for an exhaust. I'm wanting something that's quiet when driving normally with little drone when on the motorway but still is loud enough when having a blast, with a good amount of pops/burbles on overrun.

Currently I'm torn between a Milltek Resonated and an Akrapovic Evo system, mainly wondering if I can justify the extra cost for the Akrapovic as if I got the milltek it would just be the cat back and i probably wouldn't bother with a remap.

Any advice would be appreciated, Ive trawled the forum for all of the milltek and Akrapovic threads but still can't make up my mind!

Also if anyone in the north east has either of these systems and would be kind enough to offer me a passenger ride it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Reactions: kevlar and Dystant
I had Miltec on my R26. I have the Akrapovic on my Clio. I found a bit of droning at certain speeds with the miltec, but nothin too bad. If I was buying new, I would get the Miltec. ( Price) Both give pops and bangs, probably more so the Akra. Money no object, I would get the Acra.

Hearing both the akra is miles better, but it's twice the cost!

It is what you want though, quiet normally and loud when you want it loud!

Not too long hopefully, 7-10 days delivery I think :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these made to order - or is that just the fact that no-one stocks them and thats the lead time from the factory ?

This is just the delivery from factory, Tony from demon tweeks had dropped them an email prior to me placing my order :smile:

This is just the delivery from factory, Tony from demon tweeks had dropped them an email prior to me placing my order :smile:

I made 20 calls to find a Scorpion in stock when i purchased and had no joy. Came from factory the same.

The cost of stocking a decent selection of Akra's for a range of cars would be eye-watering to say the least !

I made 20 calls to find a Scorpion in stock when i purchased and had no joy. Came from factory the same.

The cost of stocking a decent selection of Akra's for a range of cars would be eye-watering to say the least !

Yeah I was tempted by the milltek as I saw demontweeks had them in stock so I could have it now! but thought it would be worth the wait!

Nothing worse than waiting after pondering on something for what seems like an age haha!

Yeah that would be one expensive warehouse to insure!

Yeah I was tempted by the milltek as I saw demontweeks had them in stock so I could have it now! but thought it would be worth the wait!

Nothing worse than waiting after pondering on something for what seems like an age haha!

Yeah that would be one expensive warehouse to insure!

Enjoy it when its on buddy.

Dont forget a video for us "wannabees" :smile: