Boosted 7UP track toy - New Toy Revealed

Saw this car at Brands Hatch for the Btcc and got to say it looks awesome in the flesh! Where did you get your cup racer seat mount from? And does it bolt directly to the mounting points on the floor?

I really enjoyed reading through this thread . Great build .
Thanks! Appreciate it

Saw this car at Brands Hatch for the Btcc and got to say it looks awesome in the flesh! Where did you get your cup racer seat mount from? And does it bolt directly to the mounting points on the floor?
Appreciate it man!
I got them through RSport who get them from France, yeah bolts to seat then to the floor, no need for subframes or sidemounts.

Quick one:
--------
Removed my B14's to my surprise they were in very good condition considering.

Rear dampeners
49309F15-D831-49AC-A53D-8A0DB5E3109D_zpsnjwq544u.jpg

Fronts looked good too!
8AAD08BF-6462-46C0-B0A4-DCB21238862B_zpssbn8pera.jpg

So.......
Met up with josh at the weekend their to get my newest purchase. Great guy and knows his stuff, stood around nattering for ages about the motors. So thanks to josh,
C00A7185-89D9-4FB8-A358-1E262F8CF310_zpscszdo7ah.jpg

So here they are, my new bilsteins that were off Jake Honours race car.

80B7096B-2DBF-4E4B-B460-DEF7E73A92FB_zps4wxvzogn.jpg

Found this shot on the Clio cup page of my car, unsure of photographer but it's spot on!
CDD5DD0D-B135-4E64-A46E-A9BDA8B43E9A_zpsixovw9vv.jpg

Update as its been a while;;

Cars been with jade developments, Sean's a top bloke!,
So original plan was to have my r3's fitted and a couple other bits. However I got that phone call from him and asked if I wanted to swap my r3 kit for a cupracer. So I've done that as its a much stiffer kit overall,

Cars had some custom machined mounts to suit and cupracer kit installed. New ball joints, Sean's brake lines and clamps, adjustable topmounts, camber set up and full geo done.

I believe my cars over fueling badly on its cold map so I'm trying to have rstuning sort this out. Well pulling out of jade developments I spun the wheels and jolted all up the road. I was not expecting the car to be so so stiff!

What a transformation though, turn in is much improved and feels more dangerous as it's fairly snappy but I love it and can only imagine how much better it will be on track now.

Got it home and started right away doing a full livery on the car. Still needs a couple bits doing but il update with some more pictures!! :smile:

I love this car. What kind of power / torque is it running? Do you have spring rates for the cup racer stuff? @DannyAG200

It's 286bhp and around the same torque, we kept it around 280 because of the Clio box.

Unsure of the rates they were from a Clio cupracer

Did Sean do any adjustments to the rear?

Nothing yet, car will be going back for shorter springs and once I'm used to the car he will then shim the rears. But not until I'm used to/like this set up. As its very stiff.
Great read mate.

Thanks man

Just a couple photos, will get more detailed ones next weekend and the livery I'm doing should also be completed by then!

So upon arrival at jade developments I noticed right away the camber on my motor!
4859B30E-81F4-4DE7-89C6-4C82CE4555E0_zpsvnvuqyag.jpg

As soon as I got it home I started doing my livery on my car. Still got about an hour or two to complete it, but here's a preview of it :smile:

764E1359-3672-4FF7-8ABE-1A76D848B41E_zpsggebe8kl.jpg

Not everyone's going to like it but hey

Reactions: 930Tech
Those two pics of the livery going on made me smile from ear to ear - honestly !

Just looks 'fun' to me and screams (sic) 'hoon-mobile' :smile:

Front camber looks awesome too......

****AWAITING MORE PICS NOW :sunglasses:

Just a couple photos, will get more detailed ones next weekend and the livery I'm doing should also be completed by then!

So upon arrival at jade developments I noticed right away the camber on my motor!
4859B30E-81F4-4DE7-89C6-4C82CE4555E0_zpsvnvuqyag.jpg

As soon as I got it home I started doing my livery on my car. Still got about an hour or two to complete it, but here's a preview of it :smile:

764E1359-3672-4FF7-8ABE-1A76D848B41E_zpsggebe8kl.jpg

Not everyone's going to like it but hey

What camber you running now? Going to up my camber shortly for track days.

Those two pics of the livery going on made me smile from ear to ear - honestly !

Just looks 'fun' to me and screams (sic) 'hoon-mobile' :smile:

Front camber looks awesome too......

****AWAITING MORE PICS NOW :sunglasses:

That's the idea tbf, I'm bored of the green, as if it's not lairy enough, so designed and made and fitting all the graphics myself.

Hopefully il complete it next weekend and have a full pic of it all done :smile:

What camber you running now? Going to up my camber shortly for track days.

It's a basic set up atm, waiting until start of next year once I'm doing track time and then we can play around with it more. Think were going to be around the 3degree mark

It's 286bhp and around the same torque, we kept it around 280 because of the Clio box.

Unsure of the rates they were from a Clio cupracer

Nothing yet, car will be going back for shorter springs and once I'm used to the car he will then shim the rears. But not until I'm used to/like this set up. As its very stiff.

Thanks man

Sean was recommending I got the rear geo sorted to improve turn in.

Jordan F1 livery? Please say yes....

Cg1QDWfWIAEG_QS.jpg

That's where I got he idea from.. The 7up/tictac but changed it abit

Is your header tank a 172/182?

How did you secure it in the end?

Yeah 182 expansion bottle mounted on the left by the torque mount. Currently not bolted just wedged in place, hasn't moved since.

Sean was recommending I got the rear geo sorted to improve turn in.

He probably would of however I've got a much heavier front end from the conversion etc so we're setting up a completely different car tbf. Hence the way it sits atm too. It's new to him so it's just trial and error really :smile:
This suspension on its own the way it's set up snaps enough but not 100% sure what it needs until I'm smashing it round circuits again

Reactions: john_walker74