200: Aftermarket or OEM airfilter

So I've owned my 2012 RS 200 MK3 for a few months now and I've decided to start to modify it was thinking first of an induction kit either ITG maxogen or K&N or to upgrade the filter in the OEM what are your guys recommendations and thoughts on power increases etc

Thanks

Will also be showing my progress on here and on my Instagram @Johny.RS

Pretty much zero increases to be had with an aftermarket filter. You're best to just put a panel filter in the original airbox and focus on an exhaust and then a remap if you're looking for power gains. Be aware that the power gains on this engine are minimal though, they're notoriously difficult to find power from without spending big money.

oh, and welcome to the site :french:

Pretty much zero increases to be had with an aftermarket filter. You're best to just put a panel filter in the original airbox and focus on an exhaust and then a remap if you're looking for power gains. Be aware that the power gains on this engine are minimal though, they're notoriously difficult to find power from without spending big money.

Thanks for the welcome and what would you recommend for power gains? I heard the ITG maxogen air filter gives 6bhp minimum increase over standard

Reactions: Beany
Thanks for the welcome and what would you recommend for power gains? I heard the ITG maxogen air filter gives 6bhp minimum increase over standard

If a filter gives you anywhere near 6bhp I’d be amazed.. these engines are tuned to the nuts standard.
Breather mods, exhaust tweaks and a remap may see 5ish

Brakes, rubber and suspension would be key first

If a filter gives you anywhere near 6bhp I’d be amazed.. these engines are tuned to the nuts standard.
Breather mods, exhaust tweaks and a remap may see 5ish

Brakes, rubber and suspension would be key first

I was thinking the B14 Beilstein Coilovers as my first mod as I say it's my daily drive and the suspension let's be honest isn't the best but what do you expect for a car like this lol also does anyone else exhaust rattle over bumps or is it just me

welcome and pretty much this..no real improvement over a standard item...

Being a N/A not much real gains to be had. Maybe a better filter in the standard airbox would be a good idea.
Renaults seem to be able to design their airboxes pretty well.

Aftermarket panel filters are always worth using IMO. I bought a Ramair filter a while back, it was on offer on eBay for £20 brand new. A genuine Renault replacement with a much shorter lifespan could cost nearly that!

And aftermarket filters do increase noise a little...

ITG, K&N panel filters etc can be washed and reused again so if you're keeping the car for a few years you will no doubt save in the long run. No noticeable gains to be had performance wise.