Advice on tyre's

Nashy

Platinum Member
Well my tyres need changing 2 are in desperate need and 2 will wait till next month, just wanted to know what to go for should i stick with the conti's or go for r888's? are these suitable for everyday use? could do with some decent advice as ill need to change this wk end, oh and some prices would be helpful.

Cheers

Nashy

R888 arent the best for everyday use you wont get decent milage out of them

ive just got a set of Hankook evo V12's which have been getting rave reviews

if you want something with abit more grip then try Hankook SR-2's

Nice they look good value too ive got a camskill just down the road!

Cheers

Nashy

Hankook V12 Evos are your best bet, good all-round tyre and cheaper than Contis.

R888's are only any benefit on track and as said, won't last long.

Are you going to be doing any trackdays?

yeah got a couple of track days lined up this year got quoted £125 per tyre for conti's dont know how much r888's will cost?

Nashy

How much are the hancooks roughly people?

Nashy I use the t1r's and think there great once you get some heat into them.

I was 170 fitted and balanced for two. Have two on the back, did have them on the front, away to get another two on the the other two wheels next week. But so far I find the grip great. Don't get me wrong sometimes a bit dodgy in the wet.

888's are noisy for general road use and probably not great in the wet - you'll hear a definate whine/noise which can be a bit annoying - I use Conti's for general use but would be prepared to listen to others here for advice when they need changing...

Dont forget that the R888 need some heat in them to work properly, on cold they will have prbly less grip than your Conti! Anyway, there is another Semi by Toyo which is made for mor "road uasabillity" since it has more negative profile and a heat span which begins at normal road conditions.

Similar Thread Suggestions