Advice on mobile phones

In the near future it will be time for an upgrade. Could anyone recommend a smart phone?

Note I am not a touch screen fan,

I have a Nokia E7 and like the idea of both touch screen and buttons.

Avoid BlackBerry phones. I have a work provided one and it total rubbish. My HTC One X + runs rings round it. Infact I'd go as far as saying its the worst phone I've ever used.

Don't quite see you dislike of touch screen only phones. I've had them for about 4 years (2 iPhone's and 2 HTCs) and they're great.

We have blackberry torch's for company mobiles they are ok.... But to me there is only one smartphone and that's iPhone, am brainwashed and sold by the ease of use between iPad and iPhone and MacBook

HTC one x...
I was also anti touch screen before this. But since I got the HTC last year, I have never looked back. So easy to use and type with. I got the hang of it within days. Beats any phone on the market right now IMHO... Ok maybe I'm a being a bit biased, lol

HTC one x...
I was also anti touch screen before this. But since I got the HTC last year, I have never looked back. So easy to use and type with. I got the hang of it within days. Beats any phone on the market right now IMHO... Ok maybe I'm a being a bit biased, lol

There is also the one x plus out now too isn't there? I'm considering a wp8 phone next in the form of the Nokia lumia 920...any opinions on those?

Samsung Galaxy S3 is a very good and competent phone. Sold my iPhone 5 last week and replaced it with an S3.

Not used a lumia but it looks huge? And it weighs a ton iirc?

Weight doesn't bother me too much at least I'll know its definitely in my pocket lol. I'm just bored with iPhones if I'm completely honest fancy a change and have used android before too so thought maybe the wp8 would be a nice change :-/ got til march to make a decision lol

Kids have Samsung galaxy tab 2's which are very intuitive so perhaps a galaxy s3 or 4?

Doesn't have buttons though.

Looked at the Nokia Lumia but haven't really read any reviews on it, maybe not as popular... then again maybe for a reason.

Samsung Galaxy S3 is a very good and competent phone. Sold my iPhone 5 last week and replaced it with an S3.

How do you find going from an Iphone to a galaxy S3?

My contract is nearly up so I'll be getting rid of my Iphone 4 and not sure whether to go for the 5 or not.

I have the Lumia 920. Love it!
Really easy to use and the display looks proper smart. Only downsize is the sheer bulk of the thing. You could use it as a weapon!
There aren't a lot of game apps for it but there are a chunk of decent utility apps. Fine for me as I don't play many games but do use the Nokia Drive sat-nav a lot which is awesome!

Had iPhones before but fancied a change. Got tempted by the Galaxy S3 but can't get my head round Android, seems too messy.

Go into a phone shop and try a few out.

One is the phone to buy, and that is Sony Experia Z. Check it out, it literally kills the competition. First of all it's full HD, 5 inch screen, it's slimmer than the S3, extremely powerfull, brilliant design, great materials used as opposed to the old plasticky Sony mobiles, exquisite camera (60fps video) and its waterproof!

I've been an iPhone user since 2007, since the first iPhone really and I went till the 4G. 4S and now 5 are a joke. Apple is loosing the game and what they'd have to do is stop cashing in and realise that nowadays the momentum can be easily lost.

I'm waiting for the Z to be released and I'm so buying. The best phone out there so far, fact.

Last edited:
I'm running a HTC One X + as stated earlier but the new HTC One is just out and it looks great. Well worth considering.

Similar Thread Suggestions