Advertising your Clio

Can you help me out I'm wondering where people are advertising their cars now, Piston Heads has a fraction of the cars it used to have (is this because of the cost to advertise).
Autotrader has a few , but to be honest i've not had much luck with autotrader in the past.
Gumtree I tried advertising a mini on there with not a sniff,
Ebay - I don't think it's the right place to advertise it, not sure how good a response people get and to be honest i'm not that au fait with selling stuff on there.

am i missing somewhere guys.

thanks

Max

Just need to price it right :smile:

I sold my 1.4 clio in a day on AutoTrader. (had 7 queries) Obviously will be harder to shift due to the price difference but I think it comes down to realistic pricing mate.

All the best though..

i have spent the last 8 weeks searching for a used car, and one thing i have noticed is that its very hard market atm, cars are not meeting there reserve price or if its classified they just aint selling, people dont seem to be will to spend much atm

I've sold a fair few cars now and found that eBay gave the best response and I had countless calls.

I've never had huge success with Pistonheads personally.

But as it says above.....it all depends on the car, the advert and the price.

Ebay is good. U may not like to use it but out of all of them i would have thought it has more people looking at it than the other sites. It also the most easies to use and navigate around the site making it popular. But as said before there are a lot of clio rs around for sale so its a buyers market.

Ebay is good. U may not like to use it but out of all of them i would have thought it has more people looking at it than the other sites. It also the most easies to use and navigate around the site making it popular. But as said before there are a lot of clio rs around for sale so its a buyers market.

The first thing I think of when I think of buying a car online is AT or PH definitely not eBay.

Sold last 2 cars via pistonheads. Write a detailed well written advert without marketing crap (well sought after, fully loaded etc.), give the essential details and spec as people will know what they're looking at generally, add some good pics, and price sensibly. What you think you would like for your car is rarely what people are willing to pay. Cars priced to sell will generally.

lots of clear photos and be honest as possible, i sold my DCI 86 in less than 24 hours using auto trader and got a very good price for it as i was genuine and the car has been obviously looked after

Cheers Guys really useful info as always :thumbup:
looks like Pistonheads it is. the reason i questioned Pistonheads was i remember when i was looking for a Trophy there approx 400 cars for sale it must be down to the time is now limited for an ad