ADO8R

My Conti 5's are what's known as the XL model. They are the stiff sidewall version. (I wouldn't get anything with a known soft sidewall from experience).

IF i was to change brand / tyre type sometime in the future, i may be interested in firming the car a little more. And thus there is the option of gaining a little; via an even stiffer walled tyre.

Not so much in cars....but i know from bikes it can make a World of difference.

**Did you put tyres and springs on at the same time Ben ? ie: Couldn't tell the difference with one change at a time ?
Fitted them in the same week from memory so can't tell or can't remember(!) tyres on their own making a difference either way:oops:

Fitted them in the same week from memory so can't tell or can't remember(!) tyres on their own making a difference either way:oops:

We've all done it when we can't chuck the bits on quick enough. Wasn't a criticism....

As you say though. Could be why yours is a bit of a Track-ready bone-shaker :smile:

Compared to the Cup 2’s.......or just about anything else ?

definitely compared to the cup 2's. and i would think any other road tyre as well. possibly not as firm as real semi slicks, but no ewperience of those myself.

As has been said they're excellent tyres, really pretty good in both dry and wet. It's clear to see from the pattern that they're not ideal for hooning through lakes though.

If the OP doesn't need dry track use out of them I would heartily recommend Toyo R1Rs. They're truly excellent road/wet track tyres and aren't far off the Yokos in the dry. They will eat themselves if used hard on a dry track though, but then most road tyres will...

Debating these too...running PS3s at the moment which are okay but as soon as there's any water on the road they kind of scare me as to how dodgy they feel...soft as shit on the sidewalls too I've found and like to hop and skip around..

Are the Yokos fairly decent in terms of length of life for regular road use? Part of me is wondering whether to pick up some cheap 197 sport alloys and stick a set of Yokos on just for track and get something like the R1R on my daily wheels..

Debating these too...running PS3s at the moment which are okay but as soon as there's any water on the road they kind of scare me as to how dodgy they feel...soft as shit on the sidewalls too I've found and like to hop and skip around..

Are the Yokos fairly decent in terms of length of life for regular road use? Part of me is wondering whether to pick up some cheap 197 sport alloys and stick a set of Yokos on just for track and get something like the R1R on my daily wheels..
Found the surpersports fantastic in the wet

Why the change Kev - if you're happy with the tyre you have on now, want to try a semi slick out?

You thought about having a second set of alloys to put some semi slicks on?

Transformed the car for me. I won’t be using anything else from now on. & for £300 for a set of 225/45/17 can’t go wrong

49445866188a77a6ae59983f3fddb15c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not sure Pete home was very wet on Monday

i understand, kevin. i have a second set of wheels and tyres (raider wheels with michelin pilot super sports) that i use between trackday duty and during winter. if i had to run only one set, i'd stick with the michelins.

i remember you once told us, you're not interested in hunting lap times. you're out there to have fun. well, looks like you had fun on the michelin tyre you're driving on now. so why change?

i understand, kevin. i have a second set of wheels and tyres (raider wheels with michelin pilot super sports) that i use between trackday duty and during winter. if i had to run only one set, i'd stick with the michelins.

i remember you once told us, you're not interested in hunting lap times. you're out there to have fun. well, looks like you had fun on the michelin tyre you're driving on now. so why change?
I destroyed this set this year no idea why

I destroyed this set this year no idea why

you did? hmm, okay that won't happen with AD08R's. i have about 12 hours of track time on my set. tyre shoulders have seen better times obviously, but there's plenty of life in them yet.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Wheels and Tyres 19