ADO8R

Highly rated tyre!

Not good in standing water! (so probably wouldn't have been much use to use at spa this time around lol)

Never seen a bad report i dont think. Although 'treading carefully in the wet is advised'. Most who try them swear by them.....

You'd love them Kev IMO.

***Is it just me who thinks these are the worst (Cheap ?) looking tread pattern ever......?

Never seen a bad report i dont think. Although 'treading carefully in the wet is advised'. Most who try them swear by them.....

You'd love them Kev IMO.

***Is it just me who thinks these are the worst (Cheap ?) looking tread pattern ever......?
The wet bit worries me Syer

have the older type but great tyre.had them on for over 2 years and they dealt with the Manchester weather really well..
the ride is a bit harsher..nothing that will bother you

thats it..
Kev i was happy with them but honestly cant tell you what they are like in heavy rain,never drove my car a longer distance in such conditions..but normal wet just fine..think you will be surprised of how much grip they actually have in the wet..

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
thats it..
Kev i was happy with them but honestly cant tell you what they are like in heavy rain,never drove my car a longer distance in such conditions..but normal wet just fine..think you will be surprised of how much grip they actually have in the wet..
Ok thank you but if I bin it at Spa it's your fault

Reactions: Benno
i had the michelin cup 2's before the yokos and think the cup 2's are slightly better in the wet. as said above the AD08R's will cope, unless you're driving through a monsoon.the trick is to get a bit of heat in them.

another thing to consider, the yokos have a very stiff sidewall. so will be less comfortable, than what you're used to with the michelin PSS.

I like the sound of that.

Compared to the Cup 2’s.......or just about anything else ?
I'm thinking now that the stiff sidewalls are definitely a contributing factor in how firm my car feels. Always blamed it on the suspension but never considered the tyres as well..!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'm thinking now that the stiff sidewalls are definitely a contributing factor in how firm my car feels. Always blamed it on the suspension but never considered the tyres as well..!

My Conti 5's are what's known as the XL model. They are the stiff sidewall version. (I wouldn't get anything with a known soft sidewall from experience).

IF i was to change brand / tyre type sometime in the future, i may be interested in firming the car a little more. And thus there is the option of gaining a little; via an even stiffer walled tyre.

Not so much in cars....but i know from bikes it can make a World of difference.

**Did you put tyres and springs on at the same time Ben ? ie: Couldn't tell the difference with one change at a time ?

Reactions: Big Ben

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Wheels and Tyres 19