Adam's 197 Clio

Anyway, i was driving the car round a mini round about and the driver just pulled out infront of me, and as you can see damaged all the back end. (86year old fella)

Am still waiting for the full report of why they have wrote it off, they have said it will be a Cat C

Tuesday night i had a phone call saying my son is in hospital due to an allergic reaction :worried: (Nuts) ambulance team was great and said a couple of minutes and it would of been a different story :worried:.

So as you can see not a very good week for me!

I've been through the insurance process when it's not your fault it's very unfair, my insurance went up from £340 to £550 full comp even when I was sitting stationary in a queue of cars when a guy drove into the back of me putting me a car length and a half up the road. I was told that because I have been involved in one accident I have a higher chance of being in another and even if my car was parked outside my house unattended and it happened I would be treated the same. No one asked for service records etc. to value the car and my problem was that in N. Ireland no 172 Clio's were for sale over the 3 month period and only on the mainland which would involve flights and sailings to get a car home. After looking at several 172 / 182 Clio's in England I convinced myself I would never find a good one so I had to get a 197, I had the car from new 30miles on the clock always genuine parts and changed stuff because of age and not failure i.e. rear shocks pair every 2 1/2 - 3 years as they would leak around that time and front track rods wishbones and joints about the same time because after driving the car 12 years you know how long something lasts. I got £1000 pounds for the car but had spent £650 in the last 3 weeks and MOT the day before, insurance said that did not add value to the car as the work would have to be done anyway. I argued so much that I got the money and the car back so if the assessor values the car find the cars he valued it against and ring the price may not reflect major belt service due or missed, Cat C / D, or generally a parcel of crap with a nice picture (you can polish a turd sometimes). In my view if it's not your fault you should be left as you were before the accident regardless of cost ( or value of your old car) no mater what you should be able to get back into a same year, mileage, no of owners red Clio 197 or acceptable equivalent no wander people claim these days they have to in order to make up the difference of what they have lost. If insurance companies put things back better claims would fall. They will dig in over a couple of hundred in the value of a car, but will move thousands in a claim.

Is your son ok now Adam? That must have been an awful phone call to get :worried: I hope everything's ok with him.

It is such a shame that they've written the car off. Glad you have got a figure you're happy with, it must have made things slightly better. At least you'll get some money back for the all the bits once you start breaking.

I hope things start looking up for you soon mate, sounds like a week you'll want to forget!

hope you are ok mate??horrible when you have to go through all this especially when it wasnt your fault...

Just an FYI. i am now breaking the car, any questions you have ask away.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone is ok and my son is ok (got to go back later this week for tests)

Thankyou.

Reactions: Sean197

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone is ok and my son is ok (got to go back later this week for tests)

Thankyou.

Really is such a shame mate it was a lovely car!

Glad your son is alright though, that's the main thing!!

So the question has to be asked... are you leaving the Clio family or are you getting another one? :smiley:

Thankyou.

So sorry mate but glad your ok, glad your son is too!! Hope it gets better for you. Price for the Recaro's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh man! Hope your sons is ok.
I've had similar problems recently.
My little lad has been vomiting on and off for the past 6 weeks,back and forth to doctors... they were useless.
Ended up taking him to A&E because he was so weak and pale. Turned out he had coeliac disease!
So changed his diet and he's right as rain now. It's strange how he's been fine for 2 1/2 years and now he can't have gluten!

Don't give up on the clio's a nice one will pop up soon!
Saw a beautiful storm grey on eBay a couple of weeks back!