Adam's 197 Clio

Heartbroken for you mate, but look on the bright side - maybe you'll now find yourself looking to upgrade :smile:
Important is that everyone is OK.

BTW, in Croatia, this is not a write-off, not even close - it's a touch of paint and you're on the road :smiley: :smiley:

Last edited:
Oh man, it is so sad to see this! I feel your pain dude, but don't give up on taking their valuation, I have been fighting for mine, I think they are realising I am not going to give up (feel free to PM me if you want any help etc).

Good luck with it, it was so nice!

Ok, so a quick run down, will post more details soon.

the car is a write of and just agreeing a price, but i will be buying the car back and will be breaking it.

So all the recaro seats will be available and i will give this forum the first chance on buying stuff etc.

Adam,

Presuming it has no kinks etc in it - i'd love to buy the passenger side door; window trim / rubbers from you. (Managed to put a kink in my vertical part when removing the B-pillar trim).

Good luck with it all buddy !

Cheers.

And the trim too (Which has a rubber outer - but metal inner) ?

So like me - if you bend the metal inner; it then tends to hold that shape.........

Reactions: Adam_C
Shuv,

Ill keep you posted, but im just due to agree a figure of what they are offering me for my car, but i will 100% be buying it back as i have agreed that figure already.

i will take more pictures etc and go into detail for you so i know what you are after etc..

will prob start breaking after Christmas when everything has been confirmed :smile:

But if you would like anything please do post and ill give you first dibs :smile:

Shuv,

Ill keep you posted, but im just due to agree a figure of what they are offering me for my car, but i will 100% be buying it back as i have agreed that figure already.

i will take more pictures etc and go into detail for you so i know what you are after etc..

will prob start breaking after Christmas when everything has been confirmed :smile:

But if you would like anything please do post and ill give you first dibs :smile:

Firstly good luck with it all pal.

***As above - passenger side window rubbers wanted.

Ideal for you - as 2 minutes to remove and perfect if the actual door is fubur'd and cant therefore sell as a whole!!

Another update:

have agreed a price etc on all of the car, just waiting for the money to come through now.

Once i have received the money and the final letter confirming everything etc i will be breaking the car, they estimate it to be in around 2 weeks time :worried:

Sad news Adam. Hope you was comfortable with the settlement figure. Will you get another hot hatch?

Yes i am happy with the figure, and yes but i think i am going to get another Fiesta ST. (MK6) i do really really like the clio but my next upgrade was going to either be a focus rs mk3 or the new clio, so ill keep the st for a while then see what happens.

Another update:

have agreed a price etc on all of the car, just waiting for the money to come through now.

Once i have received the money and the final letter confirming everything etc i will be breaking the car, they estimate it to be in around 2 weeks time :worried:

Breaking... hmmm ....
Front lip, spoiler, Recaros for me at a great price?? :smiley:

Wow, looks like you've had some good luck especially if they're giving you a price your happy with so quickly! Usually takes them a while to get to a decent price.