Accelerator / Clutch pedal.?

is it just mine or what guys, ?

when i press the clutch or accelerator pedal in sometimes it makes a click/tick noise, it dont do it all the time but quite often tbh, :worried:

i find myself turning the stereo up louder so i cant hear it lol, :lol:

what is it, ?

Re: ACCELORATER/CLUTCH PEDAL ?

I believe it is something to do with the speed limiter or cruise control. when using either and the clutch is pressed it over-rides the function - I think

My clutch pedal has the most annoying squeak!
When I release the clutch... SQUEEEEEAK!
Feel like I've got a worn out mattress spring as a clutch pedal...
I looked behind the pedal, can't find a spring, so didnt know where to lube, ANY ideas?!

the clutch pedal has a switch on it hence the "click" - this is for the keyless start and override on the cruise/speed limiter

thanks guys,

so i have nothing to worry about then, :smiley:

@ carlo, not to sure about your squeek tho mate, ?

that click and squeek make me want to cry :<. I got under there and greased everything up which has made it much better, but now the click is coming back a bit more. The fact that i can feel the click through my foot makes me so angry, lol. Nothing gets me more than squeaks and creaks.

there was a recall on some clio i think for faulty pedal switches - either the switch was faulty or the switch was fitted wrong

its strange that some cars have louder clicks than others - you would think they would be all the same.....makes you wonder if there is an issue ?????

there was a recall on some clio i think for faulty pedal switches - either the switch was faulty or the switch was fitted wrong

its strange that some cars have louder clicks than others - you would think they would be all the same.....makes you wonder if there is an issue ?????

mine isnt loud, but being a new car to me i listen out for every noise,sound,ticks,squeeks lol,

i have got used to it now i know it aint a problem,

coming from a Fiesta ST you get used to the rattles and squeeks anyway, lol