AC Problem

Hi,

My AC decided to pack up and stopped working today. There's no more cold air coming out with 'ac' pressed. Before this happened, there is a ticking sound like 'tat tat tat tat' coming from the front, which occurs only when 'ac' is pressed and intensifies when in gear and when the rev goes up. Cold air would still blow.

Now the ticking sound is gone but there is no longer any cold air and the car is like a sauna in 33 degree heat...

After reading most of the threads on AC problems, is it the compressor giving up or it simply needs a re-gass?

Also, what is the part number of the compressor? Is it a common part with other Renault models?

Many thanks!

Mine did the same..had it re gasses and all is perfect again..could be something else but doing this 1st may the way..the cheapest solution at least..
You could also try for pressure in the system but I wouldn't recommend..

Garage confirmed my ac compressor is dead. Anyone know if there are any other compatible ac compressors from other Renault models or brands?

Garage confirmed my ac compressor is dead. Anyone know if there are any other compatible ac compressors from other Renault models or brands?

theres 2 types usually on the clio...whats wrong with yours? did they check pressure/gasses etc/ is there power down to the clutch when switched on?