About to put a deposit down...

How often do you change your tires? I mean I won't track the car, mainly A and M roads. I'm not planning on ripping the life out of the car, but obv want to have some fun with it!

I only had to change my fronts last month after having the car over a year and im certain they weren't new when I bought it! Because the engine isn't torque laden you wont be ripping them to shreads on your daily drive - only when you want to lol! I had 2 conti fitted, balanced with valves (and a big scratch) for £252 which isn't too bad...

The rears will last twice as long, mine are nowhere near needing doing.

Especially if you are a young driver! Although its the first time I have been stopped. But I am sure it will be the first of many! :001_unsure:

I only had to change my fronts last month after having the car over a year and im certain they weren't new when I bought it! Because the engine isn't torque laden you wont be ripping them to shreads on your daily drive - only when you want to lol! I had 2 conti fitted, balanced with valves (and a big scratch) for £252 which isn't too bad...

The rears will last twice as long, mine are nowhere near needing doing.

Not too bad atall.
If I were to buy the car, I would straight away start saving for 4 new conti's to change onto some time next year as i've heard they are pretty pucka in all seasons.

This car a bit of a fed magnet then?

Iv never been stopped (cant catch me lol :tongue_smilie:smile: and im not exactly old either, 21-22.

Not too bad atall.
If I were to buy the car, I would straight away start saving for 4 new conti's to change onto some time next year as i've heard they are pretty pucka in all seasons.

yeah would be a good idea but Im sure it would be spaent on something else before that lol - I know it would with me! They are pretty good all year round EXCEPT in the snow where they are worse than an inflateable dartboard

Haha, I wouldn't attempt to drive anything in the snow apart from my mums freelander which is a right laugh in the snow!

Apparently snow is coming back to the UK on tuesday...Good luck guys. (A very daft buddy told me, so i doubt it)

I just have one more quick questions guys, sorry.

I know Woody said he gets 300miles out of a £60 fill up.

But how much do the rest of you get and what sort of driving is done on the fill up?

Appreciate it, cheers.

I fill up with £50 every time, regardless of the cost of fuel. Always seems to see me through to about 320 miles, and I'm averaging 28.5 mpg - mixture of normal and spirited driving mostly on A and B roads :smile:

Click on the MPG link in my signature - every drop of fuel that has gone into the 197 is accounted for :smile:

lmao gromb ure insane thats soo risky . . . if no1 wud insure me i think its like a sign to buy a different car lol

Blasted out the exhaust more like it lol!

It hurts when you look at the totals spent etc!

Aye, much better way of putting it!

I think I can get away with £45 a week doing 250miles, so hopefully she'll be mine this week!

Aye, much better way of putting it!

I think I can get away with £45 a week doing 250miles, so hopefully she'll be mine this week!

Yeah you will probably be able to do that.

You know that you will burn £100 in the first week though - I did :001_unsure: :-p

Similar Thread Suggestions