A quick hello

Hello People
Picking up a 57 plate 8000 miler Black 197 later this week.
Got it as a second fun little car as i drive a Range Rover Vogue mostly(Family car)

Hope its going to be a good little fun car? Im sure im older than most people on here at 38 but i just love the styling of the car so i thought i would buy one.

Finding this site very useful for all kinds of info.

Cheers
REBNAH

Hey Granddad :wink: sorry cant help it, its the only thing us youngsters have going for us - being young!!!

I can see why you went for the 197 in black, its simply stunning, so mean and has real presence! I hope you enjoy it!

Welcome to the site buddy!

Well i'm actually in South Woodham Ferrers myself.
You may have seen my Black Range Rover about the town with F II YOU on the plate?

Last edited:
Blimey are these little cars really this unreliable?
All i keep reading about are problems problems problems?

Shame because their a cracking looking car just hope i don't have loads of issues with mine.

Welcome mate! Seems to be hit and miss with the 197's, I've had a couple of problems with mine but they were all sorted under warranty - since then it's been fine!

i think if you look on ANY car forum you'll get the impression of poor reliability, people are very vocal when they have problems and need help and advice, and not so much when everythings going swimmingly :smile:

Welcome - I have a RR SC and a Clio 197 - different cars but love em both - down to the mood you are in as to which you will choose to drive although you'll probably get out of the Clio with a bigger smile - I had a mid-life crisis a few years ago too...

Welcome :smile:
Yes people are freindly and helpfull on here.
My wife thinks i'm going through the mid-life crisis early!
Had mine for roughly 3 weeks.....no problems at all. CRACKING LTTLE CAR :smile:
Enjoy :smile:

Had mine over a year and no major problems really (touch wood), but as was mentioned it does appear to be hit or miss. Some people have endless problems, others virtually none. Make sure you get some pics up when you pick it up... parked up alongside your zimmer frame :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Garysp2 Clio 197 Area 1
pepinosport Clio 200 Area 6
N New Members 9
james_h General Chat 2
C New Members 15